• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC at tafe (1 Viewer)

avlon

HSC
I'm still figuring out my prediction for how well i would do with my HSC and UAI..

If i am doing my HSC at Tafe.. and absolutely beat the crap out of my assessments and get really good marks then will i get a good UAI? like 75+?!?!

or because it' tafe and assuming it's "easier" then will i get below 75?

:uhoh:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
avlon said:
I'm still figuring out my prediction for how well i would do with my HSC and UAI..

If i am doing my HSC at Tafe.. and absolutely beat the crap out of my assessments and get really good marks then will i get a good UAI? like 75+?!?!

or because it' tafe and assuming it's "easier" then will i get below 75?

:uhoh:
If you "smash" everyone and get the top rank at the tafe. Whether you get good HSC mark depends on how you perform in HSC. If you get the top HSC mark, it will become both your internal marks & external marks. Good luck.

By the way, it is absolutely possible for you to get UAI over 75. You can even get more than that if you get good marks in HSC.

HSC
1. yes it is possible for you to get a uai over 75 at tafe.
2. tafe isn't "easier". they follow the same curriculum as any other school would.

Schoey93

HSC
Oh wow...how's TAFE? I'm thinking about whether I go to TAFE for Yr 11 & 12...seems a much nicer way to study - more independence, no stupid uniforms, teachers who you can call by their first names...

Do you like it? Or would you prefer to go to a normal school?

By the way, UAI 75 isn't that great. 75 is probably a little above average, but really good is 85-100 I think. Anything over 90 = genius...lol

Bye.:)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Schoey93 said:
Oh wow...how's TAFE? I'm thinking about whether I go to TAFE for Yr 11 & 12...seems a much nicer way to study - more independence, no stupid uniforms, teachers who you can call by their first names...

Do you like it? Or would you prefer to go to a normal school?

By the way, UAI 75 isn't that great. 75 is probably a little above average, but really good is 85-100 I think. Anything over 90 = genius...lol

Bye.:)
90 UAI is not extremely high. I would never go as far as saying that UAI 90ers are genius.

Schoey93

HSC
lyounamu said:
90 UAI is not extremely high. I would never go as far as saying that UAI 90ers are genius.
You, namu, are a fucking genius. 90 is very high, and no offence, but it is typical of Asians like you to believe that high academic achievements are "not that great". Honestly, I bet you got 99 in SC MATH didn't you and then ur like, "99! Great mark - but I wish I'd fucking got 100".

Namu. 90 UAI is difficult. I aim to get a UAI of 96, which will be had for me. I am 'good' at English (3rd in Year 9/149 students), but I am coming about 30th/148 for Maths. (1 student did not do their Maths assessments; new to the school right b4 reports came out).

DON'T TRY TO SAY THAT 90 is a LOW UAI, cos it's a massive achievement, doesn't mean ur genius, but means you worked extremely hard. My cousing got 94.6 and she never touched alcohol or went to any parties for all of Year 12, as she was studying. It's very, very hard for some ppl who don't get by on natural intelligence, Namu.

OK>? ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Schoey93 said:
You, namu, are a fucking genius. 90 is very high, and no offence, but it is typical of Asians like you to believe that high academic achievements are "not that great". Honestly, I bet you got 99 in SC MATH didn't you and then ur like, "99! Great mark - but I wish I'd fucking got 100".

Namu. 90 UAI is difficult. I aim to get a UAI of 96, which will be had for me. I am 'good' at English (3rd in Year 9/149 students), but I am coming about 30th/148 for Maths. (1 student did not do their Maths assessments; new to the school right b4 reports came out).

DON'T TRY TO SAY THAT 90 is a LOW UAI, cos it's a massive achievement, doesn't mean ur genius, but means you worked extremely hard. My cousing got 94.6 and she never touched alcohol or went to any parties for all of Year 12, as she was studying. It's very, very hard for some ppl who don't get by on natural intelligence, Namu.

OK>? ;)
I didn't say that. Relax. :rolleyes:

90 is an awesome UAI. I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. I would love to get that UAI and wouldn't mind whether I get 99 UAI or 80 UAI as long as I get into any of my desired course.

And I also agree with you on the second comment. But that sounds quite contradictory to some extent, doesn't it? You were commenting on how 90ers are geniuses and you are saying now that 90ers are not necessarily geniuses. And that's basically what I meant.

I never meant that 90 is low. I was describing what 90 UAI would basically place student. (i.e. about top 20%)
And if it is top 20%, you would not consider them to be geniuses, would you? That's like 2 people out of 10 people at a typical school.

And please tell me where I said that 99 is a bad UAI or not. I never said that and never will as a student who also aspires to be 90er (hopefully).

And I do certainly wish I got higher marks in my SC but I am highly satisfied with my achievements and I am surprised by my results because my own ability does not actually extend to that in reality. And please tell, doesn't everyone want to get higher result if they had chances? That's my own case.

And I would salute anyone who got great UAI. (not only the 90ers, this includes anyone who did better than they really are). I would actually give claps to those who got 60 than those who got 90 as long as the one who got 60 overcame his/her potential whereas the 90 kid didn't even work hard.

In conclusion, your post absoutely failed to abase my own personality and status as a member here. I am not like what you think I am. I myself would struggle to get 90 if I don't work hard. I am indeed not naturally talented. I am pretty sure moe people than you think exceed my own IQ and personal intelligence.

I forgot to mention that your language disgusts me. This is a highly trivial matter that shouldn't get you pumped.

Last edited:

shaon0

HSC
Schoey93 said:

OK>? ;)
A UAI of 90 is not that great. Its alrite but nothing like a 99.
I would be dissappointed with a UAI of 90 since it doesn't get me into my desired course.
Anything above a UAI of 96 is good for me as it gets me into my desired course.
And i know lyounamu has more expertise than you so you shouldn't be criticising him.

Schoey93

HSC
lyounamu said:
I didn't say that. Relax. :rolleyes:

90 is an awesome UAI. I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. I would love to get that UAI and wouldn't mind whether I get 99 UAI or 80 UAI as long as I get into any of my desired course.

And I also agree with you on the second comment. But that sounds quite contradictory to some extent, doesn't it? You were commenting on how 90ers are geniuses and you are saying now that 90ers are not necessarily geniuses. And that's basically what I meant.

I never meant that 90 is low. I was describing what 90 UAI would basically place student. (i.e. about top 20%)
And if it is top 20%, you would not consider them to be geniuses, would you? That's like 2 people out of 10 people at a typical school.

And please tell me where I said that 99 is a bad UAI or not. I never said that and never will as a student who also aspires to be 90er (hopefully).

And I do certainly wish I got higher marks in my SC but I am highly satisfied with my achievements and I am surprised by my results because my own ability does not actually extend to that in reality. And please tell, doesn't everyone want to get higher result if they had chances? That's my own case.

And I would salute anyone who got great UAI. (not only the 90ers, this includes anyone who did better than they really are). I would actually give claps to those who got 60 than those who got 90 as long as the one who got 60 overcame his/her potential whereas the 90 kid didn't even work hard.

In conclusion, your post absoutely failed to abase my own personality and status as a member here. I am not like what you think I am. I myself would struggle to get 90 if I don't work hard. I am indeed not naturally talented. I am pretty sure moe people than you think exceed my own IQ and personal intelligence.

I forgot to mention that your language disgusts me. This is a highly trivial matter that shouldn't get you pumped.
NAMU, let me just say that if my language disgusts you, turn off your computer screen and look away. Oh my God, Namu, I said "fucking" a mere two times and you are...

DISGUSTED?

IN MY CONCLUSION, let me say that YOUR post completely failed to respond to the point that I was making, and that you should spend more time studying than checking the Internet when, YOU DON'T KNOW ME. You don't know who I am, or what I have achieved.

I too, will probably get a UAI of 90+ if I work very hard, but yes, I have to work very hard, and I believe that HARD WORK is a PART OF LIFE.
I hardly ever swear, I reserve swearing for the most necessary occasions.

I swore at you, Namu, not to make a personal attack on you :D, but because I believe that your somewhat mathematical interpretation of what UAI means and represents is INCORRECT.

How dare you make me out to be somebody who I am NOT. I am not an awful person, Namu, and if you spent less time on the Internet one day, we might see each other, as my father went to your High School SPX as a teenager.

Let me say the I AM DISGUSTED with your lack of regard for my feelings and your unsympathetic treatment of me. You treat me like a monster, and all because I said ::gasp:: TWO SWEARS. Oh my God, omg, omg he swore. I swore yes and -

I called you AN ASIAN. But your ethnicity will NEVER change. It is who you are. Remember that Namu, whenever someone calls you an ASIAN, it is a GOOD thing - I have nothing but respect for the Asian Community (except for Indonesian Govt Policies of Capital Punishment - the death penalty has no place in today's society).

Bye Namu. I hope we can get along on better terms in future, for I made one mistake, one post ...big deal. Cheer up :D.

HSC
lyounamu said:
If you "smash" everyone and get the top rank at the tafe. Whether you get good HSC mark depends on how you perform in HSC. If you get the top HSC mark, it will become both your internal marks & external marks. Good luck.

By the way, it is absolutely possible for you to get UAI over 75. You can even get more than that if you get good marks in HSC.

HOLD UP NAMU! Are you saying that if I get the top external mark in my grade for a particular subject, that mark will automatically become my internal mark as well?

L

lsam

Explosions Hurt said:
HOLD UP NAMU! Are you saying that if I get the top external mark in my grade for a particular subject, that mark will automatically become my internal mark as well?
lol at another kid who doesn't know the simplest thing.

top external becomes yours if you are top at school internally. you keep anything you got in hsc

HSC
lsam said:
lol at another kid who doesn't know the simplest thing.

top external becomes yours if you are top at school internally. you keep anything you got in hsc
What's up your ass? I ask a simple question and you jump down my throat.

Let me ask this:

(Hypothetical)

If I recieve an internal mark of 70 but an external mark of 90, what would my internal and external marks be like? Would my internal mark be modified?

L

lsam

Explosions Hurt said:
What's up your ass? I ask a simple question and you jump down my throat.

Let me ask this:

(Hypothetical)

If I recieve an internal mark of 70 but an external mark of 90, what would my internal and external marks be like? Would my internal mark be modified?
internal mark doesn't count for shit. your rank counts. so let's say you came 2nd in the year with 70. now 70 is ignored.

you do hsc and you get 90 which was the top external. you keep 90 as your external mark BUT for your internal mark you will get the 2nd best external mark

hope you understood.

HSC
lsam said:
internal mark doesn't count for shit. your rank counts. so let's say you came 2nd in the year with 70. now 70 is ignored.

you do hsc and you get 90 which was the top external. you keep 90 as your external mark BUT for your internal mark you will get the 2nd best external mark

hope you understood.
OOHH! Cool.

Thanks for that. It really cleared up some things.

Schoey93

HSC
lsam said:
Schoey93 said:
wtf? tell me anything about uai system or scaling system. i bet you don't know anything. you are an ignorant kiddo who has got to learn more about the world that surrounds you. you are deperately in need of a teacher who can teach you how you speak your language to someone who knows more than you. your year 7 & 8 awards (biggest lol) don't mean anything. everyone got one at least and that's not something worth being proud of.

piss off kiddo, i am tired of making a reply to your retarded post. i bet you wiill do esl or fundamentals of english in years to come. good luck with that. you need luck to get over 10 UAI.
UAI's and SCALING...An Brief Report by Schoey93
  • The UAI is a RANK. It is not a grade, it is your position in the state as determined by the Universities.
  • UAI's differ between students [obviously]
  • English (Standard) and English (Advanced) are scaled in the same way.
  • The highest scaling subject is MX2. ENGEX2 also scales relatively well, and requires that the candidature write a major work EACH.
  • Chemistry and Economics are "difficult" and thus are "scaled up" quite high if you get Band 5/Band 6.
  • Students for the HSC are permitted to study just 6 units [3 subjects] of Science.
  • Hm...heaps more ...but why would I write to pages to satisfy your sorry ass???:uhhuh:
:lol: No hard feelings mate

James

AnandDNA

HSC
what if you come 2nd in your internals and acheive the highest external mark of 95 and the person who receives the second highest mark gets 70. Will that mean you will get 70 in internal and 95 in external?? Because that just doesnt seem fair:uhhuh:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
AnandDNA said:
what if you come 2nd in your internals and acheive the highest external mark of 95 and the person who receives the second highest mark gets 70. Will that mean you will get 70 in internal and 95 in external?? Because that just doesnt seem fair:uhhuh:
Yes. But that is not likely to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)