• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC .. getting to you? (1 Viewer)

illodous

Angels...
HSC
ells_ellie said:
Ok.. someone please tell me what they think of this.
Well there's this chick who constantly took days off from school before her assessments to do them. And she did it for all her assessments. Even when during the trials she took days off to study for them. Then she expects to get the notes she missed out on from other people and gets annoyed at people who refuse to give them to her. And when confronted about the taking days off and telling her that it is a disadvantage for other people- she just doesn't see any wrong in it.

Is this considered unfair? Because i think it is, i mean.. there are so many people who would like extra days to study but can't because of fear in missing out important work or just have strict parents who refuse to let them have the day off and plus it's quite wrong, wouldn't you feel guilty if you did that? Like you're having an advantage over other people because you have more time to do your studying and assessments?

Just want your opinions about this matter..
Well, I have to say that I've had a similar incident with a student in Ancient History who, frankly, showed up less than a quarter of the time and yet was allowed to sit the Trials and will now sit the HSC and drag the class down. But let it be considered - he was struggling quite severely with family and socio-economic difficulties. So before you point the finger, maybe it's a better idea to think about why this person is having ever-so-many days off. It must be both embarrasing and demoralising for her.

HSC
Im just worried about SDD and VET IT, the rest dont concern me as much, because I put myself up to "try and get at least 95 for VET IT" so I got alot of pressure on myself to do so, I push myself ALOT to do entire topic in one day... SDD probably not as much because I don't have it until 2nd of november and im alraedy half way into thorough studying for it

7th Sign

HSC
I dont know I am lacking motivation, I need a motivational boost, I just downloaded some "anthony robbins" this shit work? hmm Im a failure :(

ells_ellie

HSC
illodous said:
Well, I have to say that I've had a similar incident with a student in Ancient History who, frankly, showed up less than a quarter of the time and yet was allowed to sit the Trials and will now sit the HSC and drag the class down. But let it be considered - he was struggling quite severely with family and socio-economic difficulties. So before you point the finger, maybe it's a better idea to think about why this person is having ever-so-many days off. It must be both embarrasing and demoralising for her.
Embarrassing? I don't think so... seriously. She sees nothing wrong in it. A while ago now i was stressed about a certain assessment and she just told me straight away to take the day off. I was shocked about how she could say something like that in such a carefree sort of way. It's like she doesn't really consider about her other classmates in her class who are trying to work hard to do well.
I don't know if i'm being unfair about this.. but i think what she is doing is really unfair.
If she had family problems- why would you coincidentally choose days to take days off before assessments every single time? A bit suspicious. And she admitts that she is taking those days off to do her assessments and to study.

Well i guess nothing much can be done about it now.. only a few weeks.. and then everything is done.

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
7th Sign said:
I dont know I am lacking motivation, I need a motivational boost, I just downloaded some "anthony robbins" this shit work? hmm Im a failure :(
5 Steps to Personal Power did crap all for me :p ... might want to try that other one he did

illodous

Angels...
HSC
Casmira said:
Im just worried about SDD and VET IT, the rest dont concern me as much, because I put myself up to "try and get at least 95 for VET IT" so I got alot of pressure on myself to do so, I push myself ALOT to do entire topic in one day... SDD probably not as much because I don't have it until 2nd of november and im alraedy half way into thorough studying for it
Haha, I'm doing VET IT as well - didn't know anybody else in the world was also doomed :p

It isn't that hard - I've found the trick is to know your "text types" because they are what is going to make or break you. As for the actual exam paper, it doesn't change much each year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)