• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC in SOR and SOR II (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
i'm doing studies of religion II and i was wondering, can you sit the test for SOR 1 and then sit a seperate test for SOR II so that in total you have 3 units of religion?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i'm doing studies of religion II and i was wondering, can you sit the test for SOR 1 and then sit a seperate test for SOR II so that in total you have 3 units of religion?
No, that's ridiculous. If you see HSC exam 2 Unit SOR is made up of 1 Unit SOR component and the extra 2 religion components or something like that.

2 Unit SOR = 2 unit
1 Unit SOR = 1 unit

Doing 2 exams is impossible as well as people who do 2 Unit SOR start their HSC at the same time as people who do 1 Unit SOR.

Kyuusho

HSC
I always thought that was impossible because the sor 1 course and sor 2 courses are too similar. (because sor 1 and sor 2 do the same studies, but sor 2 covers content which the sor 1 course doesn't) and also because they're usually on the same line? :S

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Nope.

Studies of Religion is divided in the same way that Maths and English is. SORII is just an extension of SORI - it's the same except you learn 2 more topics.

Therefore you can't - either you do 1u or 2u religion.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
iirc, you can study either SOR1 or SOR2, not both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)