• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hsc ipt (1 Viewer)

tom-spin

HSC
Hey guys, to all of you who have done the HSC or are currently about to complete it, are there any major works in IPT in year 12 and how heavy is the workload overall for the subject, is there a lot of content to cover and how difficult is it from year 11?

Any major assessments like creating databases etc?

Thanks!

Gigacube

HSC
There is no major work to be submitted to BOS. However you may have to complete a major project as part of the the first topic, project management. You usually get to choose what you want to do, e.g. provide a company with a new website or build a database for shop, etc. This usually weighs 20%-30% depending on your school.

It does get harder than year 11 but not by much. If you did IST some network stuff from there has been repeated. It also helps to have some knowledge of databases & multimedia systems.

Major assessments depend on what your school chooses, not BOS.

fakermaker

HSC
No BOS major work....but we did make a website..but its really easy, just follow the guidelines and you'll get 100%

The course content is easy, but extensive and boring as hell.

fakermaker

HSC
Is IPT better??

I hate it atm and really urging to drop it.
Why do you hate it?

If its because the work is boring, nothing will change.

If its because the work is hard...study up, its pretty fucking easy.

If I were you, I wouldn't drop the subject, but just turn up to class and learn the work...

No need to go into as much study as you do for english, maths and science subjects...but learn the concepts.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Why do you hate it?

If I were you, I wouldn't drop the subject, but just turn up to class and learn the work...

No need to go into as much study as you do for english, maths and science subjects...but learn the concepts.
The work is piss easy and I come first without doing anything, also i hate the content.

Gigacube

HSC
Is IPT better??

I hate it atm and really urging to drop it.
The HSC IPT course is a bit better. It's about Project Management (some bits of this topic are useful for IT in Uni), Databases, a bit of Information Systems again & Communication Systems. There's also 2 options. Most school usually do Multimedia Systems. That's quite an easy topic.

Why do you hate it?

No, if powlmao has no interest in the subject he is better off dropping it & spending more time on subjects such as standard English than having an extra 2 units. You still need to do past papers to learn how to respond to the question & you really need to do well as it scales poorly.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
The HSC IPT course is a bit better. It's about Project Management (some bits of this topic are useful for IT in Uni), Databases, a bit of Information Systems again & Communication Systems. There's also 2 options. Most school usually do Multimedia Systems. That's quite an easy topic.

Thanks :) (I gave you too much rep so i can't give it again)

No, if powlmao has no interest in the subject he is better off dropping it & spending more time on subjects such as standard English than having an extra 2 units. You still need to do past papers to learn how to respond to the question & you really need to do well as it scales poorly.
That is why i thought, the IPT course is very dry to me and it is good that people agree i should drop it and spend more timeon other subjects.

fakermaker

HSC
That is why i thought, the IPT course is very dry to me and it is good that people agree i should drop it and spend more timeon other subjects.
I'm coming first in my class as well (last exam I got 99/104)...

The content is very easy and I hardly need to study.

I am glad that I havent dropped the subject as its a great backup in case I fuck up in another exam. But I agree, some days the subject and people in my class can be unbearable.

If you are confident in your other subjects and dont like the content, drop it. I'm sure whoever is coming second will be more than appreciative :p

Gigacube

HSC
You may be coming first with little study but when it comes to the externals you may be surprised.

hscishard

HSC
I'm comming first...the externals I've looked at are a joke to be honest. Some open ended questions are becomming a bit prevalent

hscishard

HSC
I should yes. I don't want to devote too much time on this subject unfortunately
Good luck with your external. If you don't get higher than me I would be whaaa?

Gigacube

HSC
Yeah, you need to work on all your subjects.

Thank you. Good luck to you too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)