• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC is rigged... probably (2 Viewers)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
OK, people must obviously write the HSC exams. What stops them from "accidently" revealing questions to, say their best friends child? The tutoring company that pays the right price or their old school?:music:
I have a teacher at my school who has set HSC questions but he still doesn't understand the standards of the HSC. Meaning if he told his students about the HSC questions then they won't be able to answer it to a Band 6 standard. You don't need to know how to answer a question in order to set it.

emmatheron

HSC
:eek:I'm not worried about this as some are suggesting, I just believe the system is not entirely fair. And to those who believe it wouldn't be a great advantage, as an extension 2 maths student, if i'd already done all the difficult questions or even similar questions, as someone has given me a tip off, then that is a great advantage. Even in english, u could come in with a preprepared essay for "conflicting perspectives" or something.

And some are saying they're not allowed to tell anyone, this is rubbish as there is no-one stopping them. Do you really thing there are Board of Studies secret agents in vans listening to the exam setters using highly sensitive microphones hidden throughout there houses... come to think of it ... maybe they do:haha:

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
:eek:I'm not worried about this as some are suggesting, I just believe the system is not entirely fair. And to those who believe it wouldn't be a great advantage, as an extension 2 maths student, if i'd already done all the difficult questions or even similar questions, as someone has given me a tip off, then that is a great advantage. Even in english, u could come in with a preprepared essay for "conflicting perspectives" or something.

And some are saying they're not allowed to tell anyone, this is rubbish as there is no-one stopping them. Do you really thing there are Board of Studies secret agents in vans listening to the exam setters using highly sensitive microphones hidden throughout there houses... come to think of it ... maybe they do:haha:
They sign a contract.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
OK, people must obviously write the HSC exams. What stops them from "accidently" revealing questions to, say their best friends child? The tutoring company that pays the right price or their old school?:music:

what i want to know is why they dont send you the copies of your exam answers with your certificate, thats dodgy as, what have they got to hide?

K

khorne

It's simple...If you reveal the questions, and board has you assassinated.

emmatheron

HSC
what i want to know is why they dont send you the copies of your exam answers with your certificate, thats dodgy as, what have they got to hide?
Exactly... they want to make sure that after they mark the exams that the answers are all correct, and don't send them out so no one else picks it. If you were 100% sure you answered a question in a particular way, and in your answers given to you it says you answered it another way, you would appeal... which is costly... in short th BOS is dodgy!

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I don't think that'd stop 'em.
Yeah, I know. I have a suspicion that the teachers they hire to set exam questions are terrible teachers who don't know how to teach or mark properly. If they blurt the questions out to their students then it won't matter because their students won't know how to word their answers properly so it won't be much of a benefit if they breach the terms of their contract.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Exactly... they want to make sure that after they mark the exams that the answers are all correct, and don't send them out so no one else picks it. If you were 100% sure you answered a question in a particular way, and in your answers given to you it says you answered it another way, you would appeal... which is costly... in short th BOS is dodgy!
In short the Board of Studies doesn't want wingers appealing to scab more marks.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
if they sent them out EVERY SINGLE kid in the state would send them back asking for another mark !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)