• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

hsc revision courses over summer? sci school? (1 Viewer)

chuppa_chupp

HSC
hey does anyone know of any good hsc revision courses running over the summer holidays? I feel like things didn't really sink in too well over this term and I want to get in a good place for half-yearlies next term. I've seen sci school is pretty affordable. they've got webcast samples from their programs this year which look pretty good, but wondering if anyone knows a past hsc student that's been before? http://scischool.com.au

thanks

thorax94

HSC
I know pre-uni runs them because I used to go but they are very expensive and fairly boring. I'm going to attend some uni lecture styled tuition over the coming holidays at USYD. I hope that pays off.

p.s I've never heard of scischool.

Aysce

HSC
Does it say that on USYD website? USYD was so awesome last time I went to the degree in a day

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
I got a free ticket to the 4unit Maths lecture for sci school before the hsc... The dude speaking had no idea what he was doing and done so many mistakes on the board. He even got the basics of 4unit incorrect for example "i" in Complex Numbers equals (squareroot)-1, but he wrote on the board that it was equal to -1? It was honestly a big waste of time. Don't even bother paying for it.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I got a free ticket to the 4unit Maths lecture for sci school before the hsc... The dude speaking had no idea what he was doing and done so many mistakes on the board. He even got the basics of 4unit incorrect for example "i" in Complex Numbers equals (squareroot)-1, but he wrote on the board that it was equal to -1? It was honestly a big waste of time. Don't even bother paying for it.
I got a free ticket too. :/

animerocker

HSC
Yeah I'm doing the physics scischool thingy. I've got the free ticket so I hope it will be good.

D

dolphin_girl

my friend was at a few of the programs back in september and said they were really good (and my friend got >99). he said the guy was a really great presenter actually (they even had a TV at the back of the room giving him timing queues). i've got his notes and they're quite a good read, and the equations are really well set out. coz my friend had registered for a bunch of programs he had a stack of free credits to use for the sci school online tuition service, which he raves about. apparently you can just attach screen shots of maths Q's you're having problems with, and the next day a tutor gives you the full solution to it (even the really long 4U math Q's). i think the idea is a really good one and I'm gonna give it a go closer to exams (you get a free credit if you like them on facebook!). it all seems awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)