• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hsc- The Game (1 Viewer)

sladehk

le random
HSC
For all you out there.

Besides the stuff about the hsc being a game and how uai is unfair. There is another way that people *cheat* the system. It's called playing the system. Some of you might know this already. It's not exactly cheating the system in the same way as below:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...-for-hsc-pupils/2006/12/21/1166290677287.html

But the way these ppl do this is. They ace their first set or sets of assessments. It's easier in the first two because people aren't really mature to *try* yet so they get excellent rankings in exams. (coz uai is RANKING not marks) and then for the rest of the assessments, they claim to be sick [of course there are genuine ones but i'm just saying there are cheaters] (examples: depression, breasts too big so back pain lol, umm bascially abstract kinda problems?) they can get EAS system and then because of their excellent first assessments they get estimates that reflect those excellent marks and get a UAI they don't deserve. Others I have heard of just do well throughout school adng et a good school assessments then get an obliging doctor to fake a disease or something during the HSC so they dun risk lowering their UAI.

Fortunately, I've heard how the committee has become tighter on these applciations for special provisions and a lot of cheaters have been thrown out!!

Tired.. type later.. :sleep:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
breasts too big bahaha.. i wonder if any guys complain from that one ?

HSC
this girl got 5 points added to her uai cos her sister attempted to commit suicide (but didn't end up dying). only ended up with a few broken bones =/

sladehk

le random
HSC
sando said:
breasts too big bahaha.. i wonder if any guys complain from that one ?
well i guess you could give her a soothing massage =P

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah, i dont think its fair. like i know some people who got to type instead of handwrite because they had "poor handwriting", but you can type so much faster than you can write, and also its easier to fix mistakes and add in bits and pieces to your essays to make them nice.

Anyway, with that rant over, the thing that I wonder is how lenient unis will be when it comes to special provisions for exams - therell be all these people who will totally screw up uni cos theyve never had to actually do an exam properly before...

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
bloodyfriday89 said:
this girl got 5 points added to her uai cos her sister attempted to commit suicide (but didn't end up dying). only ended up with a few broken bones =/
You don't know how close she is to her sister and how much it affected her though. Broken bones do imply that her sister was injured a fair bit. It just comes down to the honesty of the person. My friend got glandular and was pretty knocked out by it and did EAS. I caught it (presumably from her) but it wasn't at a critical time with my assessments and I managed, didn't need assistance.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
sladehk said:
For all you out there.

Besides the stuff about the hsc being a game and how uai is unfair. There is another way that people *cheat* the system. It's called playing the system. Some of you might know this already. It's not exactly cheating the system in the same way as below:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/fears-over-special-help-for-hsc-pupils/2006/12/21/1166290677287.html

But the way these ppl do this is. They ace their first set or sets of assessments. It's easier in the first two because people aren't really mature to *try* yet so they get excellent rankings in exams. (coz uai is RANKING not marks) and then for the rest of the assessments, they claim to be sick [of course there are genuine ones but i'm just saying there are cheaters] (examples: depression, breasts too big so back pain lol, umm bascially abstract kinda problems?) they can get EAS system and then because of their excellent first assessments they get estimates that reflect those excellent marks and get a UAI they don't deserve. Others I have heard of just do well throughout school adng et a good school assessments then get an obliging doctor to fake a disease or something during the HSC so they dun risk lowering their UAI.

Fortunately, I've heard how the committee has become tighter on these applciations for special provisions and a lot of cheaters have been thrown out!!

Tired.. type later.. :sleep:
I wonder if we're both thinking of the same person? :santa:

No not santa.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
argh, people who play the system like that shit me so bad. i know that it's not technically "cheating" in the same way that writing notes on your leg or using the toilet to study is, but it's just so morally wrong. there are people with genuine problems out there who get stereotyped as bludgers and cheaters because of people like this, and it isn't fair and just adds to the stress of having a problem that impairs learning. not to mention that these excellent uai's these idiots come out with are not reflective of their actual ability and weren't worked for at all, so it's nothing to be proud of if you screw the system and come out with 99 + .

kloudsurfer

HSC
bloodyfriday89 said:
Its not the physical injury that is relevant. Its the fact that her sister tried to commit suicide!

Do you have any idea how much that would affect someone emotionally?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)