• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I have no idea on supp material (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Does anyone have any texts to recommend that are good for physical journeys? Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
no idea, sorry (im a class '03 girl)
but we did change, so im guessing it somehow relates..
just read lots of books (x-mas holidays is good for that) watch lots of movies, read lots of *good* magazines (time, brw, national geographic etc) and the SMH.
dont fret too much, coz remember you still have just under a year to collect your extra material, but also dont leave it to the last minute coz you wont have time to learn it properly and it will probably be a shit peice anyway.
also, as soon as you have decided which you are going to use, figure out how exactly it relates to the stim booklet and your core text, learn lots of quotes, TECHNIQUES (i cant stress this one enough)
umm..yeah, i think thats about it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
physical journeys, ummmm, well i am not exactly sure what the module requires, but surely there are movies about people moving countries, articles about the same sort of thing

just start looking now, in the newspaper, magazines maybe, maybe even picture books

crazylilmonkee

HSC
physical journey.. is that like travel?
im reading holy cow at the moment and its good for change.. cos its a change in surrounding.. from aus to india and then her whole perspective changes..

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i did journey in year 11 and used a beautiful mind, an article from the travel section of the herald (travel stuff is gold for journey) and some travel ad.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
errm there's this book called Where the whales sing by victor kelleher. i'm not sure if it's what you're after but it's really short. it's about this girl who goes sailing with her father but he gets thrown overboard in a storm. and then she sort of goes on a journey with these whales etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)