• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I need help with my Major work... (1 Viewer)

CloudSkye

HSC
Hey guys... im really having trouble with my Major work for Art and it sucks bad... we only have what.. 3-4 months left?? and im stuck here still pondering about what im thinking of doing... Ive thought about many ideas and eventually narrowed it down to the idea of using a mixture of illusions and landscape art.. and supposively abstract kind of stuff if I can do it.. but the problem here is that I have no concept behind it... so my question is, can anyone lend some help by throwing me some concepts I may be able to use and maybe a few artists in mind?? like I was going to use the concept of a journey in life but im not sure whether I like that concept... and I have nothing else I can think of >_> please help out people!!

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
how about deviations in life- mazes
photography- some kid->rebellious teen-> drugo-> ceo
what media are you going ot use?

CloudSkye

HSC
media.. I was kind of thinking of objects in everyday life.. well my first idea was with a suitcase, and messed around with it and thought of using the trompe loeil style on the suitcase.. but unfortunately, it looks terrible and I dislike the idea =[ anywayssss, I like that idea of the maze.. just not sure how to apply it with anything x_x any further ideas D: ??

HSC
i can toss you an idea that my teacher gave me when i was stuck. it was the concept behind the art of tarot--the fools journey to the ultimate life.
i didnt really research it much but i thought that could be an interesting concept if you are thinking of journeys as an idea.
the good thing is its such a generalised idea that you can twist it around your finger in any way you want.

what i was told was to steer clear of cliched and dramatic concepts like anorexia or depression or homeless and stuff like that. why dont you have a gander on the art express website: http://www.insideartexpress.com.au/ and see if you can find some inspiration.
if all else fails, appropriation is always good hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)