• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I think I failed a test? (1 Viewer)

AtlasX

HSC
Hi there!
I had an assessment for one of my subjects, it was worth 20% and was split into two parts, each part worth 10%.
First part was a presentation, and my teacher told me I got one of the highest marks.
The second part was an in-class test which was out of 25 marks and I'm thinking I failed, I just know I did, I didn't study nor do I think I did well. I'm assuming that'll I'll get 10/25 or probably even lower...

Are my Band 6 chances gone?
I can't move up in my class rank any more

Last edited:

zhusalmz

HSC
Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You used words such as 'think' 'assuming' 'probably even lower'-which are quite low modality and is not founded upon any substantiated evidence such as you having gotten your results back.
Simple put, your band 6 chances are gone if you think they are gone. If you believe you still have a chance and a good shot, then you will have a chance. But if you continue you pessimistic thinking, you are unlikely to have a chance if you let 10% of your internal marks influence how you are going to perform for the remaining 80%.

"I can't move up in my class rank any more"-this is the start of the year, you are making it sound like the end of the world:) This statement is only valid if you have finished your final assessment of the year, i.e. your trials and have gotten your accumulative internal rank, since you are not under such a situation, you have the power to maximise your performance in the remaining terms of the year and move up your marks and ranks.

Just have better time management skills, if you didn't study this time, make sure you study very hard in the upcoming summer holidays to consolidate your knowledge-i.e. revise over content you've learnt and perhaps even learn ahead. Learn from your mistakes-as long as you don't make the same mistake twice, you will be fine. Almost everyone doing their HSC will 'fail' a test in at least one of their subjects some time during the year, so you won't be alone. Having said that, you should probably change your study attitude towards in-class test and towards this subject immediately if you want to get better marks. It's never too late to step up, and it's never too late to change. And anyways, you still have a long way to go, you are only at the start of your journey. Never give up, refocus, and you will be fine:) Hope this helps and I wish you all the best for your HSC year:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)