• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

if you worked 1 hour a week part timeat Mcdonalds after 3 years..... (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
if you worked 1 hour a week part timeat Mcdonalds after 3 years can you say that I have worked part time for mc donalds for year whole years in your CV/resume??????

izzy88

HSC
if you worked 1 hour a week part timeat Mcdonalds after 3 years can you say that I have worked part time for mc donalds for year whole years in your CV/resume??????
1) unless you are a school student I'm pretty sure legislation state that you must be hired for at least 3 hours a shift. I don't think you could work 1 hour. And maccas would get no benefit hiring someone for 1 hour a week (even if they legally could). It costs to employ someone eg training, super, tax stuff etc

2) part time is generally 2 or 3 days a week. If you work less than that (and you are hired as a casual staff member) then you would write on your resume that you were employed as casual staff member. Don't over exaggerate your resume too much- what if a potential employer asks for a reference or gives them a call? You would be caught out (if you worked only 4 hours per week or something and said you worked part time).

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
1) unless you are a school student I'm pretty sure legislation state that you must be hired for at least 3 hours a shift. I don't think you could work 1 hour. And maccas would get no benefit hiring someone for 1 hour a week (even if they legally could). It costs to employ someone eg training, super, tax stuff etc

2) part time is generally 2 or 3 days a week. If you work less than that (and you are hired as a casual staff member) then you would write on your resume that you were employed as casual staff member. Don't over exaggerate your resume too much- what if a potential employer asks for a reference or gives them a call? You would be caught out (if you worked only 4 hours per week or something and said you worked part time).
but isnt that still technically "part time"

izzy88

HSC
but isnt that still technically "part time"
technically I think 'part time' is when you are a part time employee (not a casual). And if you think about 'part time' as a practical thing, then if full time is approximately 30 hours, then part time is about 15 hours a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)