• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

impossible to come first frome here? (1 Viewer)

packwolf

HSC
So far in english this year i've lost 6 marks which means i have a cumulative mark of 34/40, whilst the person coming first has only lost 1 mark (39/40). I'm currently ranked 16th, is it possible to come first?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
still possible? yes. likelihood? pretty unlikely. You could still push for a top 5 spot though depending on your performance and the performances of others. Keep going at it as 85% is very much a respectable mark so far :]

theone111

HSC
N/A
So far in english this year i've lost 6 marks which means i have a cumulative mark of 34/40, whilst the person coming first has only lost 1 mark (39/40). I'm currently ranked 16th, is it possible to come first?
Trials are the biggest rank discriminator
Nothings set in stone until uv done those... just stay up there with the top so u have less to catch up on.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
If you've done a total of 40% of the assessment marks for your subject, that means you still have 60% left to be assessed. So far, you're only 5 marks from 1st position. I'm keen to wager, that the first couple of assessments at your school weren't too difficult. There's still 60% of your marks to be determined, just work hard. Don't stress about the little things, just do the best you can. As, 'Theone111' stated, the biggest discriminator is the trials (and also the half yearlies [provided your school examines with a half yearly exam], as Trials are the hardest and test students replicating the HSC. Don't lose hope, just try your hardest. There's still plenty marks left to be determined, and with a little good luck you might be able to improve on your ranks.

PS. Congratulations on your marks thus far, you should be really happy and proud for what you have already achieved. n_n

ya_mum

'When there's a will, there's a way' - MOI
HSC
That's a stupid question.

Rather, ask something like, 'Now that I fucked up, am I willing to do WHATEVER IT TAKES TO COME FIRST?'

Mate, if you're answer is yes to that question, then you won't have a worry in the world, unless the guy coming first is thinking something similar.

If it's a no, then chances are slim to none.

blackops23

HSC
Bro... for ancient history I came 3rd in my first assessment which i got 23/25, and for my half yearlies i got <50%, which also weighted 20%, go my average is around 69%... However only reason I got so low was because I didn't study for what came up in my exam... Ancient is a really easy subject, and I have faith that I can reclaim my top 3-4 rank if I ace my trials etc.

Anyone else agree?

jessxxr

HSC
Bro... for ancient history I came 3rd in my first assessment which i got 23/25, and for my half yearlies i got <50%, which also weighted 20%, go my average is around 69%... However only reason I got so low was because I didn't study for what came up in my exam... Ancient is a really easy subject, and I have faith that I can reclaim my top 3-4 rank if I ace my trials etc.

Anyone else agree?
i'm so in the same position as you!
i'm coming 2nd in ancient, and that doesnt include our assessment which we just did because it hasn't been marked, but i think im gonna lose my rank there, maybe drop down to like 4th or 5th? but im so determined to end up 1st. hopefully we can get back up theree! :D

sinophile

HSC
N/A
If the margin between you and first place is that narrow, I don't really think its that bad. Be proud of your hard work, be proud that you can stand head to head at the guy in first place and make him nervous. Just because you're not in first place, doesn't reduce the value of how hard you worked. Just a rank folks, not an actual mark.

mecramarathon

HSC
anythings possible with 16 people within a tight 5 mark range - and remember they round of marks to the nearest number to determine ranks

i.e. you might have a final mark of 91.6 (rank 2) and the top guy's got 92.4, you'll both get rank 1

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
If you do, then good for you. Doesn't affect me lol.

If you don't, then lulz will be had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)