• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Impressed With UWS (1 Viewer)

Angel45

HSC
Hey,

Just wondering if any1 out there is like me and really impressed with UWS!!

I'm having a ball. I'm @ Parra and Penrith and both places are really clean...no grafitti on the desks or anything and the toilets and stuff are clean. Also, my lecturers have been really cool and I like the relaxed atmosphere.. it's not super intense so you feel a lot more at ease in the classroom.

I must admit, shamefully, I was a little hesitant about it at first, but I couldn't have been proved more wrong. I've had an awesome first week and am pumped. I realise it could be like 'first week' noveltyness - but I don't think I'll be changing my view of it anytime soon, esp. coz the first week has been good.

Every1 has been really nice around the place, like ppl. you meet in the bookshop and everything.. it's been good.

Well, luv 2 hear from ya.

abey85

HSC
I totally agree. I transferred from UTS and i was initially very hesitant, but i must say that i am really enjoying it. Just the whole atmosphere at parra is really good. I also found the university to be really relaxing, as oppossed to the city rush of UTS. I find i am actually enjoying my classes - the lecturers are far more relaxed and don't take themselves so seriously.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
yeh i got someone who transferred from unsw....and im lovin' it also. It's atmosphere is real good, it's just relaxed, so u can study and be free kinda....it's not full on either, the work does not feel hard because the lecturers make it interesting...i love my lecturures so far, i remember my teachers in high school...shome of em.. i didnt listen to them properly coz they were just borring borring borring, they didnt even answer questions in understandable terms where here at uni they answer everything so easily that u can understand wat the bigger words mean, its koolness.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I luv UWS. It has been so much fun and its just getting cooler and better. All of the people I've met or spoken to are really nice and friendly, so theres no feeling intimidated by anyone. The Penrith campus is spacious, clean and has an relaxing atmosphere. I have to admit two of my lecs (BA Cores) are pretty boring so far, but the rest and the tutes are fun and interesting. Yep, UWS rocks

candi_licious

yeh i have found that uws is pretty good, being my first year i was soooo scared...but nearly everyone at uws is heaps friendly and at least i can understand all my lecturers :) i dont know why there is all this crap about uws being so crap???

Angel45

HSC
I was compl. expecting to like compl. hate uni the 1st week. Like be like, "I wanna go back to school!" etc. But i've totally enjoyed it and UWS has been fantastic! The ppl. around r so good to talk to and nothing about it is scary...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
yep i agree w/ everyone.... UWS rocks. though, werrington campus is quite dull. kingswood owns :)

Jonathan A

HSC
candilish3z said:
yeh i have found that uws is pretty good, being my first year i was soooo scared...but nearly everyone at uws is heaps friendly and at least i can understand all my lecturers :) i dont know why there is all this crap about uws being so crap???

FOUND YOU!

I am glad you find it all heartwarming at UWS, especially the psych lecturers.

yup i like uws, ive settled in real well, n feel like ive been goin to this uni for years, whilst i only realli been there for like 2 weeks... im happy with uni ! :D

Angel45

HSC
Agreed, it has this real familiarity to it! Like i've been there for 2 weeks and I already feel at home.. the ppl. and teachers and stuff help too. And the whole vibe of the place... like the buildings aren't scary or anything. LOL. That sounds so gay but they're like friendly.. not huge double story buildings...

Chang

HSC
the only thing i like about uni is how theres a fair bit of stuff to do between classes such as going to the gym. I fink UWS is the only uni in australia that has a golf course / driving range (they do at campbelltown at least). So thats pretty cool.

Chang

HSC
well we got a golf course(i fink). neways fuk MQ =P

L

LaraB

Annegelic said:
lol yeah, i like the fact that the buildings aren't 200 BC years old.
haha yeah - i reckon its cool that we have all the heritage buildings at parra tho - like, the whitlam building - 1st 3 storey building in Aus:)

its kinda annoying on hot days that some of them cant get air conditioning coz they're heritage buildings, but it makes the place look heaps nicer so its cool:)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Yeah UWS is kewl, ppl dont look down on u or nehting like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)