• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

in desperate need of help (1 Viewer)

ganeden

HSC
our proposal is due in one week and i still have no idea what to do for my project. i have some preferences on what i wish to do for my project i just cant figure out a question to formulate on the topics. the topics im choosing between are:

.napoleon
.1967 6 day war
.hannibals march to rome
.something to do with ancient israel

and if you have any other suggestions that are about ancient israel they would be much appreciated.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well, remember, your History Extension MW will predominantly be about historiography - the conflicting perspectives of historians over an issue.

With respects to Napoleon, I think he might be a Case Study but you can always do specific aspects of his military and political achievements, whether its his rise to power during the latter stages of the French Revolution, his military conquests over Europe, his doomed strategy to invade Russia, his defeat at Waterloo or his life in exile. But remember, HISTORIOGRAPHY. If you were to choose Napoleon, I think his decision to invade Russia might be a highly contentious one with a lot of historical debate.

Same with the 6 Day War - you can assess the historical perspectives of historians on specific issues such as the ramifications on the Middle East after Israel's victory.

In summary, assess and evaluate the HISTORIOGRAPHY of a SPECIFIC issue.

ganeden

HSC
wow, thanks thats really good advice, i was thinking about doing: was napoleon a fearless leader or a psychopath regarding his march to russia. but i dont know how good that will turn out.

besides i cant find much regarding that specific question at the moment, also im having a dillemma choosing between the topics mentioned above.
as welll as formulating a question which incorporates a good mount of specific histotical sources and writings..

still any more sugestions will be much appreciated. thanks:D

ganeden

HSC
any suggestions on a question(s) regarding napoleon/ the six day war?

ganeden

HSC
o and any other questions or potential topics, that are controversial issues would be much appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)