• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Info syst diagrams (1 Viewer)

crammy90

HSC
when you get a picture of the diagram (participants, info pro's, purpose..that 1)
"describe the following components and their relationship in the context of the scenario...Purpose, participants, data/info, info tech, organising, processing"
- has any1 been advised how to answer these (6marks)
like would you just write out each under their headings and then a little paragraph on how they relate...or do you just write a larger paragraph which includes each of these

thanks

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
I'd go with describing each of them first, separated by headings/paragraphs and then spend as much as you want in normal paragraph form describing the relationships.

crazathiest

HSC
Don't they usually give you enough space to answer the question and what's needed within the answer? If not, i'd take the above advice and describe each feature in the diagrammatic view of the system.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Remember when "Data/Info" and "IT" comes up that it's helpful to distinguish between Data and Information. Also to separate IT in to HW and SW, and talk about them.

crammy90

HSC
when you read those questions, i find it hard to distinguish what parts at the actual parts of the system needing to be discusses and what parts are components of another system
i.e. HSC 2003 question 26 DSS, we are asked to discuss a company named PMR's system. Their system is developed collect data about a towns residents. So this is the system; the system to collect of data. This data is then used by the local government to make decisions (is this part of the system to be discussed i.e. PMR's or is it another system? like i could, if its part of the system, say that part of analysing is the residents info into recommendations for the town, or if its not part of the system i would just leave it out?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)