• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Interior Decoration Help (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
i love you <3

i'm trying to talk the folks into wallpaper- they dont seem to keen.. the stuff i'm liking is more expensive and harder to do yourself than painting big swirls on the wall but they're getting very placid in their old age so i'll probably end up having whatever the hell i want haha

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
dude, you do interior deco or sth?

nice wallpaper btw...
seems $$$

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
have you shown them the style wallpaper you like?

When i mention wallpaper to my parents they screw their noses up with the impression that wallpaper is still tacky, 1970's style.

I think it can look really classy and elegant when used correctly.

Painting swirls probably wouldnt be as easy as you think. It is difficult to get perfectly clean edges with a paintbrush if you havent had much practice. That said, wallpaper also has it's drawbacks because you have to be sure to match the edges of the paper or else the pattern wont flow

EDIT:
(^o^) said:
dude, you do interior deco or sth?
if they offered interior design at newcastle uni, i would. But no, i'm doing science teaching atm. probably will transfer to biomed.

nice wallpaper btw...
seems $$$
thanks. it probably is. The price isnt published on the webite, which usually indicates that they don't want you to know until you speak to a saleperson.

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
I've shown them what types of wallpaper i'm after. They agree that it looks great. But they're against it as they've never used it before - and are worried about peeling/glue/mess/pain/time/etc/.. just being old fuddy duddy's which i guess is alright.

If i give them enough insane idea's they might finially give up and let me have one insanely dark red/burgundy wall because its better than the hot pink wallpaper i "wanted" haha

It wont happen for another month or so - i'm thinking well ahead of time :uhhuh:

HSC
hahaha. good plan.

If you did the prep-work, you could probably get someone to come in and install it in less than a day. Sure, it'd add to the cost but it would be done properly, would require less paper (because there is less chance this person would make mistakes) and would be out of the way for the rest of decoration to go on.

Skeeta

HSC
i know for a fact they wont pay anyone to come in and do it. If it was up to them, they would have had my room painted white like the fucking rest of the house when we had the painter in not long ago.

I refused and insisted i would do it myself + decorate - so having someone come in to wallpaper is a bit out of the question :(

The fact that i'm doing it myself (repairs and all) kind of excites me though. It will really be MY room then - what i want, in my style (even though i've got some restrictions). i dont know why its a big deal, it our house, we're not bloody renting - but they dont want me to fuck it up in case they ever want to sell :confused:

geez with my fantabulous decorating skills, and with your help - i bet it'll increase the price of the house by about 10 kabillion dollars :uhhuh:
My first work of art :uhhuh:

oh shit i think its bedtime i'm going insane

Skeeta

HSC
HSC
did you get the matching cushions they have in the picture?

Considering the spread has so many patterns, colours and textures i would probably now opt against the use of an intense feature wall or highly patterned wallpaper.

If you still really want a feature wall, i would choose the dark plum colour that is on the bedspread. Paintshops will match the colour for you if you take along a sample (eg: the pillow case). I wouldnt use the other two colours (ie: lighter pink and dusty pink/purple) because i feel they would be less modern on the wall.

For the rest of the room i would just use plain white paint or, if you just dont like white, then a very pale faun/beige colour (like a really light version of the cusion on the left). But probably white.

Good luck

Skeeta

HSC
i got just the matching pillow.. but i'm going to buy a cushion or two methinks

Yeah i was thinking a suede plum wall then the rest beige or plain
ah we're meant to be :shy:

there goes all my fancy shmancy thinking haha

Skeeta

HSC
it OFFICIALLY starts tomorrow because it's my birthday and my mum will actually give me all of the stuf that she has bought (bedspread - cushions - sheets etc.).
With the paint i've chosen the colours but its just a matter now of getting it on the walls.

:)

Skeeta

HSC
I've BOUGHT the paint.. Like literally.. a few days ago

Dulux is giving awayyyyyyy free jellybeanz hooray!
Um yeah havent painted yet, but white + plum, and i kinda got over it a little bit so its probably not going to be as exciting as i thought because i am like totally moving out of the house into a granny flat out the back which will be even MORE fun to sex up :eek:

*breathes*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)