• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Internet plan (1 Viewer)

yuri_gagarin

Banned
HSC
i want to stop stealing my neighbours wireless and get my own internet. im looking at TPG. i can only get adsl1 or some bullshit.

Should i get unlimited 256k for $40 a month or 25gb (10+15) 1500k for $50?

or can anyone suggest anything better. i dont know what sort of isps service narrandera. TPG seems pretty reasonable so i was mainly trying to decide between those 2.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lol no adsl2+ fail.
Only go for TPG/iinet if you're getting ADSL 2+
Otherwise just get cable with Optus or something. I dunno shit about cable ISPs.

Btw you'll hear loads of people saying 'TPG IS SHIT' but they're actually pretty good and cheap. Except the customer service.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Lol no adsl2+ fail.
Only go for TPG/iinet if you're getting ADSL 2+
Otherwise just get cable with Optus or something. I dunno shit about cable ISPs.

Btw you'll hear loads of people saying 'TPG IS SHIT' but they're actually pretty good and cheap. Except the customer service.
tpg is shit (for internet)

back in 2005-7, i was with TPG, as time went along, not only did my speed decrease, from around 23000 to 11000k, the dropouts became more frequent.
When i realized in 2007, the $50 plan was 30 gbs or something, and i was getting 15gbs because they dont update their plans for their exisitng customers, also did i mention? their off peak is between 3am-9am or something like that

tpg mobile is good though

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

back in 2005-7, i was with TPG, as time went along, not only did my speed decrease, from around 23000 to 11000k, the dropouts became more frequent.
When i realized in 2007, the $50 plan was 30 gbs or something, and i was getting 15gbs because they dont update their plans for their exisitng customers, also did i mention? their off peak is between 3am-9am or something like that

Obviously they didn't upgrade your package when it went from 15-30gb.

It's stated in the original agreement that you would've been getting 15gb/month. For TPG to change it themselves, it would be a breach of a contract. There must be an agreement by both sides. And to do so for how many people were on the 15gb cap would've been resource extensive

TBK11

HSC
id say go with Optus they got 1.5mbps plan ADSL1 as you say it you get umm 7gb+14GB for $50 a month and dl speed is stable at 155kb had this before it was gd

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Optus is shit nowadays. No good plans imo.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Dropouts would be router related, unfortunately TPG sells D-Link as their main router, which is a complete shitbox as 9/10 of them are complete failures.
And yeah what that other guy said.
Off peak is 1am-7am which is completely reasonable, and I am on $60 for 35/35gb ADSL 2+, which I see as very reasonable. Also it is very unlikely to reach the maximum 23mbps with any ISP, unless you live very close to your local exchange and you have virtually zero line interference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)