• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

IP Help and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Titles are the new black...

Skillo said:
Yeah. It's is hell in a jar.
hahahaha - like that quote.

You guys havn't done your trials yet?! we did ours @ the end of last term!
and i haven't even finnished scripting my IP yet!!!!! *starts to panic* :eek:

:eek: Anyways.....good luck with ur trials guys!!!

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
ah! IP's are arghhhh....

our trials arent till week 3- i think? anyway, i still havent polished my IP. ive got most of it, but im still not satisfied with the way it ends.. and if im to add in more at the end, i have to fix the beginning.....

look at who the audience are in a performance piece.
this is an excellent point to remember. often when we perform, we're aware that we are performing to an audience, but forget WHO are audience actually are....

eg. i was acting out this confident, sexy,saavy young woman who eventually 'lets go'...
BUT..it looked like i acted as if i was a snob... it came off as confident (what i wanted) but presented to an audience as if they were to be confused by me... almost plunged into this sense of uneasiness.....(what i definately DIDNT want)
the only response i got was this mortified loook from the company dirctor that said "what on earth has she done?!(-to the piece-)"
instead of my audience being almost seduced by my charcter, they were confused.

so remember,..... are your audience meant to be children?,... a confident crowd your meant to overwhelm? or a silent, strong presence your pleading your life to?etc etc...

argh.. hope that all made sense... it might "duh", but many seriously do forget

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Shit. Rationale.

*gets up from laptop desk yet AGAIN runs over to IP logbook and realises that...shit...IP logbook is not on shelf. Runs around room like headless chicken, hoping for a realisation...or a miracle. 5 mins later, am lying on bedroom floor sobbing over the prospect that I've lost my IP logbook.

10mins later.

15mins later. Realisation! Shit. My drama teacher has it.*

;)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Skillo said:
Shit. Rationale.

*gets up from laptop desk yet AGAIN runs over to IP logbook and realises that...shit...IP logbook is not on shelf. Runs around room like headless chicken, hoping for a realisation...or a miracle. 5 mins later, am lying on bedroom floor sobbing over the prospect that I've lost my IP logbook.

10mins later.

15mins later. Realisation! Shit. My drama teacher has it.*

;)
my deepest sympathies! That happens to me every single day with every single subject. lol Though, half of the time I really have lost my work and my teacher does NOT have it. :(

IP Logbooks are marked right? I hope so, coz I've put in a lot of effort for those stupid books!

Edit: Wow, my 1,000th post!! :p (I need a life)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
grk_styl said:
my deepest sympathies! That happens to me every single day with every single subject. lol Though, half of the time I really have lost my work and my teacher does NOT have it. :(

IP Logbooks are marked right? I hope so, coz I've put in a lot of effort for those stupid books!

Edit: Wow, my 1,000th post!! :p (I need a life)
WOOOOOOOOOP! 1000th Post!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Umm. Logbooks are only internally marked, they are used in decrepencies (can't spell 2day) in marking of your GP and IP. They look at it if there is a problem...some look at it anyway. They look at IP ones more just to see if it was done overnite.

Actually. Can't be entirely sure if they are externally marked or not.

dollparts

this above all else?
HSC
i'm pretty sure they're only marked internally. i think they look at them but don't mark them. it's more or less for your own benefit to have one.

HSC
when we did our group perf. assessment last term, my teacher said the Group Logbook's not gonna be marked or looked at ever again, so i'm not sure if that's right?

and with the IP logbook, they look through it and they really care about your rationale if they are thinking of nominating you for onstage apparently~

-marilia- xoxo

AngelSG86

I'm doing scriptwriting but i'm struggling with the rationale. Would anyone be willing to read what i've done and say if it looks alright?

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
titles are the new whatever the last new black was

i started the titles thing! yay! for the first time ever everybody else is doing something i started!!! i feel so cool! :p

anywayz, i've posted my IP script in our randomness thread, but here it is again, for those who are not in the dramarandom clique...

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
It is quite normal to become withdrawn from your piece...I went through that 2 weeks ago and it was shown in a performance evening at school...(don't ask...)

It's all part of the process...make your practice of it exciting, reward yourself at the end!

Welshi - Really like the monologue...love to see it staged...

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
anyone elses monologue over-time.................i know mine is! :gridnod:

I have had to (and with the assistance of my "lovely" teacher had to cut out alot of inportant moments) i've managed to get it down to ten mins........

My GP is soooooo frustrating - having certain members not put in the effort......or ANY effort.....

and our teacher is a marker and has today gone off to mark for the next two weeks..........

...........stress me?! - no! don't be silly............. :confused: :eek: :worried:

(*gets off worry box and runs to hide from evil HSC monsters......*)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Skillo said:
It is quite normal to become withdrawn from your piece...I went through that 2 weeks ago and it was shown in a performance evening at school...(don't ask...)

It's all part of the process...make your practice of it exciting, reward yourself at the end!

Welshi - Really like the monologue...love to see it staged...
kt, glad u like the monologue cos that means u'd like the NEW IMPROVED version even better.may post it if i can find time to type it up.

final internal assessment on tues. v relaxed as is no room for drama panic next to ext 2 panic. right jem?

what the friedbananas am i supposed to put in my rationale?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
welshi said:
kt, glad u like the monologue cos that means u'd like the NEW IMPROVED version even better.may post it if i can find time to type it up.

final internal assessment on tues. v relaxed as is no room for drama panic next to ext 2 panic. right jem?

what the friedbananas am i supposed to put in my rationale?
Hey I do ext 2 as well... Submit drama early guys! Ext 2 is a hell of a lot worse!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)