• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Iraqi War (2 Viewers)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
katie_tully said:
You say they won't create a democratic nation because there are too many people in Iraq who don't want it? Name your sources. Who? Are yoy refering to the Iraqi Terrorists who are leading insurgencies against the American troops? Do you think as soon as America leaves the blood shed will stop?
Nobody ever said it was OK that the Americans had created casualties, especially civilian casualities --> They're acting worse than Hussein?

So far you have only described your lack of faith in the Iraqi people, and their inabiltiy to create a democratic society... despite the newly elected government and prime minister.....[/QUOTE)

well with regards to sources... I've also realised the same thing about iraqis not wanting a democratic society..... not in the sence that they don't want freedom of speech... electing their leader so on and so forth.. but the fact that they do not wish to be ruled by secularism... many are campaigning that they want Iraq to be an Islamic state....

why?....bceause many of them know that the bloddshed will stop.. and freedom of speech will be at its highest.... well yeh we have freedom of speech in australia.. but whats the point of speaking freely when hardly anyone listens to u....no one listened to the war on Iraq protetsers.. i can't see freeodm of speech benefitting anyone there....

democracy is not the only thing that offers freedom of speech.. rights of women.. pfft.. u ppl don't know what ur missing out on...

The reason many arab leaders who claim to be muslim.... usually kill u if u speak up against them.. it's bceause of their lack of religious knwoldege....

U will find that religion offers the most freedom.. if u look at the way jesus, moses, and muhammd along with all the other prophets, treated women.. and their followers.. u will find that it overrides democracy.. in it's good qualities.. just behaviour... just rulings... freedom of speech... with democracy ppl are still campaigning for things that have existed for decades and decades in many religions...

How long ago was racism considered as descrimination.... well it was abolished by all the prophets... how about womens rights?.... they were addressed in the most beautiful of manner by many prophets....

Democracy is based on secularism.. and i'm sure the Iraqi's trust their creators rulings rather than those created by human beings.... and most Iraqi's are muslim or christian... and so yeh.. that's why many don't want a democratic society... they wan a religious society..

when Iraqi's mention making iraq a musloim state.. ppl think.. ohh now there going to become the biggest terrorist country.. blah blah blah.. well thinking that is just pure ignorance.. because an islamic soeciety will put a stop to the so called islaimc fundamentalist.... read through islamic history.. cause if u havn't then u don't have the right to say that making it an islamic state is bad...

what's america doing bulidng iraq?... how much crime, murder and bloodshed is there in america.. go fix ur own country first..

it is a fact that in every 21 seconds.. a person is murdered in america.. and every 4 seconds.. a women is raped... what on earth are they doing in Iraq??.....................

Last edited:

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
i often wonder why the iraqis allowed saddam to rule for forty years and torture them the way he did......why couldnt they revolt and kill him or overthrow the governement.....its happened to many times in history and in so many countries yet the iraqis couldnt manage it...

K

katie_tully

Because Saddam controlled a massive army that murdered anybody who considered a revolt.
Same could be said about Hitler, why didnt the germans stop him? Because he controlled the army.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
i think that to some certain extent you can compare hitler and saddam ... but to entirely though.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
katie_tully said:
Because Saddam controlled a massive army that murdered anybody who considered a revolt.
Same could be said about Hitler, why didnt the germans stop him? Because he controlled the army.

but evn his army hated him.......they couldve revolted.......no one liked saddam......he killed his uncle during a public meeting......he killed his daughters husbands....and their kids so no one would oppose him.........evn those who said they "liked" him only said this to save their lives or because they were profiting from his rule....

edit: oh well screw that.........its too late now.......just a thought though....

K

katie_tully

Im sure if it was possible, the Iraqi people would have.
Don't forget that they were witnessing genocide, they were starving and probably feared for their lives.
Many of them grew up only knowing warfare and nothing else... I guess it is easy for us to say; they should have had an uprising...but we've never been in that situation.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
the only reason why places such as south america and france revolted, and the americans and french in history revolted, is because they had strong influential leaders who had a voice.

in response to the original post, i strongly disagree with australians sending in troops to iraq, as no i do not see iraq as the central terrorist organisation. it's just like saying that a group of active terrorists have been living in sydney...therefore, america should bomb the shit out of australia.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
joujou_84 said:
i often wonder why the iraqis allowed saddam to rule for forty years and torture them the way he did......why couldnt they revolt and kill him or overthrow the governement.....its happened to many times in history and in so many countries yet the iraqis couldnt manage it...
because those who put saddam in power in the first place wanted that to be the fate of that leader. But the people of the country were divided as to letting the greater evil prevail in that part of the world (?)

besides, i recon he was a strong leader - v.brutual yet strong. held power over the country, kept the people inline despite what the CIA and MI6 tried to do.

what happend last year was just the inevitable- the fall ............

dawma88

Dance jew dance!!!
HSC
N/A
hey that was a good argument..........lets talk about something else now.......lets see......how about.......SEX!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)