• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Iritating Mouse Problem (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I am having this really annoying problem with my mouse. Everytime I move it, the cursor freezes and I get this "beep" noise its REALLY anoying. It was happening a few weeks ago and I replaced the mouse...IT seemed to fix the problem but now it is happening again and can't think of what it could be. I am running the mouse off ps/2 port with an adapter...I tried it in the USB port but it wouldn't work at all. HELP ME PLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS its really annoying

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
melsc said:
I am having this really annoying problem with my mouse. Everytime I move it, the cursor freezes and I get this "beep" noise its REALLY anoying. It was happening a few weeks ago and I replaced the mouse...IT seemed to fix the problem but now it is happening again and can't think of what it could be. I am running the mouse off ps/2 port with an adapter...I tried it in the USB port but it wouldn't work at all. HELP ME PLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS its really annoying
The problem is defintely the hardware, i got the same problem. It keeps on beeping because thats the computers way of telling you that something is wrong. Its probably ur ps/2 connection. Replacing the mouse doesnt work because its the connection thats fuked. What u have 2 get is an adapter which connects into the usb port and has connections for both the keyboard and the mouse, generally aroun $10 - $18. So, basically it runs your keyboard and mouse from the USB connection. This should fix the problem

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Thats what I thought it was too...I dont need the conection coz its a usb mouse and I was using a ps/2 to USB adapter...Its working now...thanks :)

Is there anyway I can get the port fixed coz my usb hub is getting full?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)