• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Irp Help!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr.dun.dun

HSC
for my irp i am researching along the lines of why emo's are what they are.

that isnt my question formalised but its along the lines of that.

where can i look for research to help me with this topic?

rr.dun.dun

HSC
actually this is a school assessment and involves surveys.

and there is nothing wrong with this topic. its better than doing same old thing people have done over the years such as obesity and how this person is affected if their parents are divorced. no one has ever done this. not that i know of anyway and not because its a bad topic because no one really knows the answer to and then people who hate them assume everything and think that even gothics and punks are emos which is false therefore im just going to go and find out for myself even though i know the difference between the three. im not trying to discriminate or anything. but EMO not the "scene kid" emo, is not a good thing to be because they are depressed and dont care about life and i want to find out why and the reason for them yeh anyway. . . . .you dont get it.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
rr.dun.dun said:
actually this is a school assessment and involves surveys.

and there is nothing wrong with this topic. its better than doing same old thing people have done over the years such as obesity and how this person is affected if their parents are divorced. no one has ever done this. not that i know of anyway and not because its a bad topic because no one really knows the answer to and then people who hate them assume everything and think that even gothics and punks are emos which is false therefore im just going to go and find out for myself even though i know the difference between the three. im not trying to discriminate or anything. but EMO not the "scene kid" emo, is not a good thing to be because they are depressed and dont care about life and i want to find out why and the reason for them yeh anyway. . . . .you dont get it.
Yeah, but there is a forum relating tot he subject you are doing, i'll bet. This is for answering surveys.

The reason I say it is such a bad topic is that the definition of emo lately has become so blurred that it is hard to ascertain waht is the real emo and what is the fake emo. Everyone has their own ideas about it, and it is way too broad a topic to cover. And trust me, I 'get it'. I'm not an idiot who believes that all people who wear black are goths and all people who are not happy all of the time are emo or depressed. I have a fairly large knowledge base on these types of things and I know what I'm talking about.

rr.dun.dun

HSC
okay then fair enough. it does say research aswel. and ive seen other people post things such as this. but anyway you have a point. but i dont think its a broad subject. im looking at the emos that are depressed and have problems and trying to find out the reasons for them being unresolved and them becoming emo. i know things about this aswel. as i was one of them. . shame. but yes.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
rr.dun.dun said:
okay then fair enough. it does say research aswel. and ive seen other people post things such as this. but anyway you have a point. but i dont think its a broad subject. im looking at the emos that are depressed and have problems and trying to find out the reasons for them being unresolved and them becoming emo. i know things about this aswel. as i was one of them. . shame. but yes.
Hm. Interesting idea, but it is going to need to be a bit more specific, if you ask me. Mind you, I don't do any subject like this, but to an outsider such as myself it seems a bit broad and undefined.

There are people out there who have exactly the same characteristics who aren't emo. But if you define what you mean by emo at the start of your project, then it shouldn't be so much of a problem. The only thing that gets me is the fact that emo is such a hot word in society today and that it is a bit cliched and might pose a negative connotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)