• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it really too late? (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It is only too late after the hsc has already finished :D
On a more serious note, the best time to start is early and that means NOW, which is what i have been doing from the first day of yr 12. I have been summarising everything and even slightly ahead of what we are doing in class, and revising every night for the last 3 nights and commited to continuing this for another 370 days. At this rate, im am in a really good positionf for a high UAI :)

Trev

stix
HSC
Riviet said:
It is only too late after the hsc has already finished :D
On a more serious note, the best time to start is early and that means NOW, which is what i have been doing from the first day of yr 12. I have been summarising everything and even slightly ahead of what we are doing in class, and revising every night for the last 3 nights and commited to continuing this for another 370 days. At this rate, im am in a really good positionf for a high UAI :)
I started off like you... it lasted 4 days.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lol!! Just 2 more days and i beat you :D just kidding
This is gonna be so much better than cramming a yrs work in the last month before the final exams... :rolleyes:

Maiya

HSC
Is it too late?

Personal experience...

I'm not sure about everyone because everyone is different, and I don't want to mislead anyone...but personally, I have found motivation the key problem to my study woes, hehe. So in such times, I find strength and comfort in wise words, philosophy. You may be asking how philosophy/motivation helps you do the work. Well, I have always been enthusiastic about my studies but like any student, get easily “sidetracked”.

I think people who have set goals and aspirations about your future are lucky and that it helps a great deal, but I’m one of those who aren’t so sure exactly what field of work I would like to go in to, let alone what uni course I want to do. Kudos to those of you who have :).

So, I know its best to set your goals and strive for them, but my personal goal is to try and do well overall in all my subjects. After all, the UAI is based on doing well in all your subjects, right?…My goal is vague? Yes, but it’s my main goal. I have set goals for each subject but they are not relevant here. I think - and sorry if I am wrong - students have trouble setting a simple yet effective reason for doing the work. I think this has already been discussed in some other thread - so sorry for repeating - but from GENUINE motivation (note I mean genuine), I think naturally you gain an interest in your subjects and thus a will, to do the work.

I’ve found classes really interesting this term, I know weird, but I think small things go a long way. If there is something you don’t understand please do ask because I tend to ramble. The question…Is it too late? My answer NO…it’s never too late and there’s a real good quote for this below :)…I hate to be a preacher but these are some words which help me carry on in life, as well as studies....I tried my best to select only truths which could be relevant to students…I hope you find them as useful and enlightening as I have :)

Selections from the writings of
Paramahansa Yogananda
(1893-1952)

Realize that the more you seek, the more you will find;
the realms of thought are infinite.

In order to get along well in this world, you must learn to perceive
accurately your immediate circumstances and surroundings,
and to perceive also what you also what you are headed for in the distant future.

Separate your dream imperfections,
from your perfect Self

There is no difficulty that cannot be solved
provided you believe that you have more power than troubles…
Use that power to explode your difficulties.

Try to do little things in an extraordinary way.
Strive to be the best one
in your line of work.

Be wise enough to focus your mind upon good things
while you are standing beneath
the almighty wishing tree of your will.

If you are determined, you can remain inwardly undisturbed
regardless of any commotion around you.

Wherever you are, there you must win your victory.
You do not win by flying away or giving up.

Forget the failure and trials of buried yesterdays,
and frown not at the unborn fears of a future tomorrow…
Concentrate your best efforts to succeed today,
and sooner or later they will be crowned with glory

PS Sorry for taking up so much space pplz!

Peace out!
Maya…

klaw

HSC
Maiya said:
Personal experience...

I'm not sure about everyone because everyone is different, and I don't want to mislead anyone...but personally, I have found motivation the key problem to my study woes, hehe. So in such times, I find strength and comfort in wise words, philosophy. You may be asking how philosophy/motivation helps you do the work. Well, I have always been enthusiastic about my studies but like any student, get easily “sidetracked”.

I think people who have set goals and aspirations about your future are lucky and that it helps a great deal, but I’m one of those who aren’t so sure exactly what field of work I would like to go in to, let alone what uni course I want to do. Kudos to those of you who have :).

So, I know its best to set your goals and strive for them, but my personal goal is to try and do well overall in all my subjects. After all, the UAI is based on doing well in all your subjects, right?…My goal is vague? Yes, but it’s my main goal. I have set goals for each subject but they are not relevant here. I think - and sorry if I am wrong - students have trouble setting a simple yet effective reason for doing the work. I think this has already been discussed in some other thread - so sorry for repeating - but from GENUINE motivation (note I mean genuine), I think naturally you gain an interest in your subjects and thus a will, to do the work.

I’ve found classes really interesting this term, I know weird, but I think small things go a long way. If there is something you don’t understand please do ask because I tend to ramble. The question…Is it too late? My answer NO…it’s never too late and there’s a real good quote for this below :)…I hate to be a preacher but these are some words which help me carry on in life, as well as studies....I tried my best to select only truths which could be relevant to students…I hope you find them as useful and enlightening as I have :)

Selections from the writings of
Paramahansa Yogananda
(1893-1952)

Realize that the more you seek, the more you will find;
the realms of thought are infinite.

In order to get along well in this world, you must learn to perceive
accurately your immediate circumstances and surroundings,
and to perceive also what you also what you are headed for in the distant future.

Separate your dream imperfections,
from your perfect Self

There is no difficulty that cannot be solved
provided you believe that you have more power than troubles…
Use that power to explode your difficulties.

Try to do little things in an extraordinary way.
Strive to be the best one
in your line of work.

Be wise enough to focus your mind upon good things
while you are standing beneath
the almighty wishing tree of your will.

If you are determined, you can remain inwardly undisturbed
regardless of any commotion around you.

Wherever you are, there you must win your victory.
You do not win by flying away or giving up.

Forget the failure and trials of buried yesterdays,
and frown not at the unborn fears of a future tomorrow…
Concentrate your best efforts to succeed today,
and sooner or later they will be crowned with glory

PS Sorry for taking up so much space pplz!

Peace out!
Maya…
hahahaha yeah everybody is different! I know a guy who started strongly hating non-white races, jews, women after reading "philosophy".

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Wow Maiya, your first post and a very long one too, very inspiring words :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)