• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it true? Cause i heard that... (1 Viewer)

Guesss

HSC
Hey pplz, i heard today at school that peoples who are on centrelink get extra bonus atar/uai points? Is that true! :O

If it is...no fair ! I want bonus points :bomb:

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
never heard of that, if it is i should more out durng HSC (live at relatives) then come back after lol

Guesss

HSC
would you honestly rather be in a position where you needed support? when you obviously have it pretty good atm
well im sorri, but i think that there are plenty of ppl on centrelink who have it pretty good without it and are just using the system to their own advantage! Like, they dnt really need it!

And hey...about having "it pretty good atm" i'm sure those who arent on centrelink would appriciate a few extra hundred dollars a month! Dont u think? :confused:

And anyway u didnt give me a direct ans. to my qn. :p lol ... so is it tru or not?

muzeikchun852

HSC
its for ppl who are disable..
[either physically or mentally]
not just ppl with centrelink.

parawhoree

HSC
Hey pplz, i heard today at school that peoples who are on centrelink get extra bonus atar/uai points? Is that true! :O

you have to apply for them. talk to your careers advisor about it. they're the ones that organise it...well at my school anyway, talk to your welfare person.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
well im sorri, but i think that there are plenty of ppl on centrelink who have it pretty good without it and are just using the system to their own advantage! Like, they dnt really need it!

And hey...about having "it pretty good atm" i'm sure those who arent on centrelink would appriciate a few extra hundred dollars a month! Dont u think? :confused:

And anyway u didnt give me a direct ans. to my qn. :p lol ... so is it tru or not?
You are an idiot.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

You're an idiot if you think Centrelink hands out money willynilly.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Um no...

If you are disadvantaged in some way (e.g. mentally disabled, financially lacking, English is not your first language and etc.) you can apply for Education Access Scheme and get 5 "Bonus" Maximum ATAR

astroe

HSC
You're an idiot if you think Centrelink hands out money willynilly.
They do bring up a point though. :p
I know of several people who get Centrelink benefits who really shouldn't. I'm poorer than they are! LOL. It's because most of their parents own businesses and can negative gear or something, it's fraudulent but meh, it's Cabramatta. :haha:

Um no...

If you are disadvantaged in some way (e.g. mentally disabled, financially lacking, English is not your first language and etc.) you can apply for Education Access Scheme and get 5 "Bonus" Maximum ATAR
Does EAS only give you up to 5 points? D:

And, well, yeah, Centrelink benefits come under codes F01A and F01B in the EAS form, where you to be eligible you need to either have:

Youth Allowance/Austudy/ABSTUDY

OR

Other Centrelink income and asset tested
entitlements.

cassieagill

HSC
it's only for people who are genuinely disadvantaged by their low socio-economic status, they must apply for consideration and must demonstrate how they are disadvantaged, it won't apply to most people receiving centerlink payments

Guesss

HSC
....rather it lowers the atar cut off into various courses. some degrees such as med, however, do not recognise this 'bonus points' scheme.
Hey its probly the same wif law ay? like they probly dnt recognise the 'bonus points' scheme???

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, Law doesn't recognise bonus points. [Unless EAS, maybe? (not sure)]

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A

says a lot about you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)