• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it worth doing? (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
3unit and 4unit can contain mathematics from the preliminary and HSC mathematics, 3unit and 4unit syllabi.

I'd say he's telling the truth. :p

lucifel

narcissitic angel
HSC
i'll be an idiot and state the obvious, don't do the course unless you *like* maths, if you don't like maths, you'll fail and die, so is it worth it? Yes, if and only if you like maths. is it hard? implicitly, maths is only really worth doing if its any difficult, i mean its pretty boring if all that maths was "1+1=?" (mind you if a test was like that...hmm

anyways, to be perfectly honest, i think that the course is well worth it, there are still a lot of things that it only just barely touches on, but thats where Uni comes in, *if* you're still interested in maths.

to sum up, pick up 4U if you like maths, otherwise steer clear.

HayleeKate

HSC
Only do 4u if you like maths? lol, I USED to like maths, 4u is way overload, but, it still shits on having 2u count for anything.
No time payments is definately the highlight (although yes it could be in 3u, but not as likely or as important thankgod).
I reakon stick with 4u, even if you're not the best at it, as long as you're keeping up, because yeah, ITS HARD, but everyone finds it hard (ok, some only find it a bit challenging, but they're just nerds :p), and 4u is scaled so well because it is hard, you cant compare raw marks for 4u maths with raw marks in any other subject. The teachers at my school told me at the end of year 11, dont be shocked, 4u is different, anyone who cant attempt at least half the paper is doing ok, so when you get your raw marks back and you're only get 70% and normally for maths you get 90 something %, dont worry about it, its supposed to be bloody difficult.
Or, you could drop 4u maths and instead of getting 60% you could get 100% in community and family studies, I'm sure that'll pay off well too :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)