• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is math extension 2 really that much better than maths extension 1? (1 Viewer)

frippyful

HSC
I stupidly missed the chance to do maths extension 2,but i want to get an atar of 99+. i do extension 1 though, and after reading posts, i realised nearly all the people who got an extremely high atar did math extension 2. i am sort of freaking out. my subjects are: math extension1, advanced english, bio, chem, 1U religion and business studies.
do i have to get like 100% in every assessment from now on?
how much study should i do every night?
what percentage on average in assessments do you think i will be safe with to get my atar aim?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I stupidly missed the chance to do maths extension 2,but i want to get an atar of 99+. i do extension 1 though, and after reading posts, i realised nearly all the people who got an extremely high atar did math extension 2. i am sort of freaking out. my subjects are: math extension1, advanced english, bio, chem, 1U religion and business studies.
what percentage on average in assessments do you think i will be safe with to get my atar aim?
99+ has been done many times with your subjects.

Most of them are fair scaling anyway. Just focus on getting good ranks and the HSC content of course.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
You definitely don't need it :)

Just try and do as hard as you can in your current set of subs. (most of which are of average-low high scaling)

Dylanamali

HSC
don't need it..
as you can see from my sig.. I did it, but I bombed it and in the end it was the one subject that prevented me from getting 99+ and an all rounders. If i did 2u and aced that I would have achieved 99+

Pfortune35

HSC
mx2 is by no means the key to getting 99 (although the scaling and aligning would greatly help).
Work consistently and make sure you are high ranked in all your subs (this varies based on what school you go to though).
YOu should be going for a band 6/E4 in all your subs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)