• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is music getting worse? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
does anyone think music these days is getting worse?

sometimes i can't believe the crap these singers come out with, britney&madonna for one, and then kylie- slow. and all the hip-hop crap. to me it is worse than a few years ago.

Kos

Yea but music goes in cycles. Really poppy music was popular when rock n roll was first conceived in the early 60s but by the 80s popular music had gone really anti-social with The Sex Pistols and stuff. Since the 80s though there have been so many genres in popular music and it seems that one genre will have its place it the spotlight then get bumped off for another. Hopefully in a couple of years rock music will come back.

It just amazes me that people buy crap like Britney Spears and that people would actually go to her concerts. I mean it is so obvious that the stuff she sings on stage is lip synced, they dont even bother pre-recording alternate versions of her songs so they sound different to the ones on her CDs.

Oh well, I guess there is no such thing as collective intelligence.

Last edited:

Aussiechick

HSC
I agree, there's a lot of crap music around at the moment, and good artists get overlooked

is a roflcopter
HSC
im just sick of the hiphop r&b nigger gangbanger style shit thats flooding the airwaves

gimme newsradio anytime :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
im just sick of the hiphop r&b nigger gangbanger style shit thats flooding the airwaves
Its a style ? i thought it was just a relative disease they all suffered, you know lack of originality, inability to speak and spell english, an obsession with how big their glocks are and the bitches they want or done or pimp or...

MoNNiE

HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
Its a style ? i thought it was just a relative disease they all suffered, you know lack of originality, inability to speak and spell english, an obsession with how big their glocks are and the bitches they want or done or pimp or...
good one!.. but yeah.. i have a real dislike to hiphop and 'most' rnb bands now..

hehe yeah! go news radio!
i think linken park is excellent!

Kos

There are alot of good bands about now like the White Stripes and stuff, but what the world really needs is another rock band as ground breaking as Nirvana or Metallica or the Chili Peppers were in their day to revive the worlds interest in it. All the rock music around now seems pretty generic.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
There is still much good music around, its just that most of it is outside the mainstream. For instance;

Radiohead
Augie March
The Flaming Lips
Modest Mouse
Bjork
Wilco
Low
Sonic Youth
Explosions In The Sky
Mogwai
R.E.M
Grandaddy
Do Make Say Think
Godspeed You Black Emperor!
A Silver Mt Zion
The Dirty Three
Mogwai
Portishead
Tortoise
Cat Power

For starters..

guy

HSC
haha thankyou gregor
music on the radio is getting worse, but apart from a myriad of good underground bands try local bands and gigs at borders cafe and stuff like that. or put in a beatles cd

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
same. rnp/hiphop is overrated. it can be tolerable in small doses, but after that you begin to notice how crappy it is.
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Great music is still around, but chart music is getting worse by the second.
Originally posted by guy
music on the radio is getting worse
true. i think it's because now that we're maturing into young adults, the pop scence which is aimed at preteens puts us off. you gotta look beyond the sphere to get good music. i listen to a lot of music that's not in english... and as you can see a lot of BoS people listen to local bands, which although they dont interest me, seem pretty genuinely musically good

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
where is the rhythm and blues which rnb is supposed to stand for
half the people who like RnB wouldnt even know what it means
gar it makes me mad...because real rnb is good but modern stuff just stuffs the genre
there is still some good music out there, you just have to look a bit harder to find it, but when you do, it is worth the effort, and it saves your brain and ears from the junk around these days

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ugh, every genre has it saviours, but... um... i just saw someone rap a christmas carol. wtf?

HSC
that was friggin mercury 4-australia's most untalented singers who's only popular in magazines just for their image.

@ carols in domain OH NO NOT THE OPERA SINGER!!!!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
dude i first saw a longshot of them on stage and i thought one of them was Virgin Warren... yeah they're real hotties...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
yep its been gettin worse and worse for like 3yrs now
*listening to other languages*
same here.. i like listening to foreign music...
but the occaisional songs that are simple and good (john mayer :rolleyes: strike me)
Originally posted by glycerine
ugh, every genre has it saviours, but... um... i just saw someone rap a christmas carol. wtf?
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)