• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is Sc Equivalent To Hsc?!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolution

OH` so juicy, squeeze me.
HSC
hey guys,

I was wondering, from the results of our YEAR 10 SC --- does that mean that's how we're going to do for the HSC ?? ! OR is SC considered nothing . JUST WONDERING.....

IS THE SC A SIGNNNN ~!!!!! ????

Kujah

HSC
N/A
No way. If you do good in the SC, it isnt guaranteed that you're gonna get good HSC results. Your HSC results will be based on your effort, and maybe a bit of luck :) SC is ONLY important if your leaving year 10 to find work/apprenticeship.

However, your study habits in the SC might help you create a platform for senior years ;)

evolution

OH` so juicy, squeeze me.
HSC
IN CONCLUSION:

FROM SC YOU GET :

= school leavers benefit from this .

= non-school leavers (US) get "STRESSED" out for the next remaining 2 years + the thought of regrets; "SC WAS USELESS!" + an additional pressure from the parents pushing you further .

:uhhuh: haha ..............................

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Absolutely correct :uhhuh:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The SC as explain is in no way the year 10 equivalent to the HSC, over the next two years you will learn this.

Zephyrio

HSC
Nope. =)

1) The effort put into the HSC is tantamount to around 100 times the effort we put into the SC.
2) The SC is, I feel a poor indication of a student's capabilities. So what if a student scores 98 because he/she can pick and shade in bubbles the best? My English teacher told me that though great as you may be in multiple choice, this does not equate to being able to express your thoughts in a clear concise, structured argument or essay =). And let's face it. She's right. Are we really going to have multiple choice in English, and 2U+ maths? No. History? Nup. Science? Not the copious number of questions we received in the SC paper.

Multiple choice just happens to be the cheapest way to assess the masses.

So don't freak out. You have the time and opportunity to change, mould and fold your own destiny. =)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Apparently NSW is the only state with a Year 10 across the state assesment. Other states phased it out long ago.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i didnt do crap for SC.

like if only it was that easy.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
Apparently NSW is the only state with a Year 10 across the state assesment. Other states phased it out long ago.
Yeah i know, the Govt does some stupid things sometimes.

ccc123

HSC
The notion that your school certificate results are an indication of your HSC results is utterly ridiculous; people who perform poorly in the school cert. can pull their socks up (metaphorically speaking) and do remarkarbly well in the HSC. Likewise, some people who perform well in the school cert. can bomb out in the HSC because they burn out, or chose the wrong subjects. Furthermore, its also worth noting that the School cert. has a pre-structured syllabus, which students must adher to; whereas in the HSC students are able to choose their subjects, and thus focus on their strengths and interests.

However, there is some truth in saying that students who perform well in the School cert, generally perform well in the HSC: there is no mystery to why however, as this is merely due to the fact that students who are bright and/or conscientious students in year 10 will continue to be as they embark on their senior years. Likewise, those who are not naturally bright and/or are not committed in year 10 may continue with this attitude as they complete their senior years. Thus, it is these facts that would explain the apparent link between a students school cerificate results and HSC results.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Well, the thing is, majority of people don't even bother studying for the SC. You'd hope there'd be some effort put into the HSC, no matter how minimal it is. Add that to the fact that in the HSC you are doing subjects you want to do and picked yourself, eg not necessarily Georgraphy or Science or Maths or History which you might have received a poor band for, and it's safe to say that your SC results are NOT an accurate prediction of what your HSC results will be.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
it's safe to say that your SC results are NOT an accurate prediction of what your HSC results will be.
That is ABSOLUTELY correct :uhhuh: Basically, we're all doing our subjects that we enjoy the most in our senior years, and not the subjects that you loathe. With your interests, you're bound to put in some effort in for your HSC ;)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I cant control myself sometimes :p

Black Hawker

HSC
School Certificate - you study for it in one or two weeks.
Higher School Certificate - you study for it for around a year for it.*

* Note: Only this is true for the people who really care about the HSC.

Offtopic: Hey Kujah wassup? Had a look at your profile and found out I'm 1 day older then you and you have a first name like mine (just missing a letter). I'm not crazy...just amused by small things... :p

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Black Hawker said:
Offtopic: Hey Kujah wassup? Had a look at your profile and found out I'm 1 day older then you and you have a first name like mine (just missing a letter). I'm not crazy...just amused by small things... :p
Nothing much, you? Lol, major coincidences :p Btw, am i missing that L in my name?

Black Hawker

HSC
Kujah said:
Nothing much, you? Lol, major coincidences :p Btw, am i missing that L in my name?
Nothing much. Hope I won't get shouted at by my manager for changing my shift now...

Yeah a major coincidence and yeah you are missing the L. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You have to work, and i get to sleep and bludge :p

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Black Hawker said:
Sleep is boring :p
Lol, you're just closing your eyes and laying on your bed. Anyone going somewhere for your holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)