• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ITT: I propose a probably sub-par Newcastle Bos Meat. (2 Viewers)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
~untitled~ said:
This is ofcourse only if i manage to get a job between now and then, lolmaccas interview next friday.
Awesome, you can tell me all about it.

blue_chameleon said:
Oh dear god.
It's pretty tame there when it's early.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
em_516 said:
I'm probably going to be at uni well before anyone responds but does anyone have a vista lappy that connects to uni's net? The uni website reckons vista is a bit hit and miss in connecting, gah.
Yeah, it used to be, but it should be fine now.

We have pretty much covered up all the gaps, and 9/10 people we can connect to the network. It's the international students laptops that we have trouble with.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i thought u did distance through another uni. are u even allowed to use the uni net anymore?
Probably not, that's why I'm hoping it just works and I don't need to ask the IT desk for help coz I'm pretty sure they'll tell me to fuck off lol. I'm not gonna go to uni today now though, will go tomorrow (and that way if it fucks I'll find a friend and use their login haha). I just think it's ridiculous that I'm barred from shit when I'm still studying towards my Newcastle uni degree. God knows why the uni thought it'd be a good idea to lump cross-institutional study in with leave of absence. A lot of the additional references listed in my courses are books, blargh.

Thanks Chris, will try tomorrow, fingers crossed.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
but from their point of view, they're not getting any funds from you so why should they supply u with services.
it makes sense but is still a pain in the butt for you.

EDIT: omg my 3000th post :p
i dont want to post more

EDIT2: why did i use this milestone to defend the uni! :(

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
They could just be nice..
That or I'm pretty sure we all pay a lot more than we really need to for our courses so they can go fuck themselves. That and I paid a few years worth of student contributions :p And they could just be nice..

HSC
Chameleon or pretty much anyone who's willing to reply I'm a bit of a thread necropheliac and I've been digging through old posts.

Quite a few of you mention that a few years ago Newcastle 'opened up the floodgates' what did you mean?

I've noticed that the UAI's for a lot of courses (aka law) have dropped dramatically and nowdays the regional bonus points count for everything, plus they've just introduced a new extra marks for certain subjects thing.

sorry to add a touch of seriousness to your thread, I didn't wanna be all pretentious and all by starting a new one.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I'm at uni 9-5 tomorrow doing assignment. People come bug me please :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ok. Will pay you two monopoly dollars for it :shy:

Will remember to bring them/not be drunk in the toilets

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Chameleon or pretty much anyone who's willing to reply I'm a bit of a thread necropheliac and I've been digging through old posts.

Quite a few of you mention that a few years ago Newcastle 'opened up the floodgates' what did you mean?

I've noticed that the UAI's for a lot of courses (aka law) have dropped dramatically and nowdays the regional bonus points count for everything, plus they've just introduced a new extra marks for certain subjects thing.

sorry to add a touch of seriousness to your thread, I didn't wanna be all pretentious and all by starting a new one.
Yeah. The cut-off's have been dropped really low to allow a lot more people into courses they wouldn't/shouldn't usually be admitted into, to boost numbers in the degree programs.

Doesn't help being a regional-ish uni and not having the large pool of potential students that Sydney uni's have. But doesn't help the credibility of the courses, or the students studying them either. Basically, they are trying to start over with a few of the courses. Commerce for one, has been revamped/rebadged and now encompasses B.Finance and B.Economics, so they have dropped both of those degrees and now no longer offer them.

So now, there are only B.Business and B.Commerce (Majors in Accounting, Finance, and Economics). For the uni's sake, I hope they can make some inroads into improving the quality of the courses and attracting more students to the B.Comm program, because all in all, there are some great accounting lecturers here that don't get near enough credit (or pay) for what they do.

The end.

EDIT: That whole story was why I made the 'floodgate' comment in the first place.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Will be at uni from 9-5 again tomorrow unless I bus it home earlier. Where my peeps at? :p

HalcyonSky

HSC
em_516 said:
Will be at uni from 9-5 again tomorrow unless I bus it home earlier. Where my peeps at? :p
where do yous usually hang around in ur breaks?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I'll be in the aic, prolly on the couches, all day unless I'm upstairs grabbing books or eating lunch.

Halcyon, do you even go to Newie Uni? Lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)