• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ive lost all motivation and hope.... (1 Viewer)

hscistress

HSC
for most of my high school life ive been really bad at school , in year 9/10 i was in the middle classes usually failing most of my subject except for the ones i enjoyed , now in year 12 i studied quiet hard and did not meet the marks i was aiming for and as i do 10 units ive lost most hope in my hsc , my maths mark is really bad and i think its the only subject that ive never been good at even with tutoring, my atar aim is not high 60-75 for my course requirements (business) obviously i wish i could get a 90 plus but i have to think a bit more realistic in the way im going as iam very bad at maths , please someone guide me ive tried to speak to my parents about this but they dont really understand the way hsc goes , and since my cohort is not as smart and my rankings for most my subjects are relativley good does this mean i can still get and atar of 60-70? my school ranking most props is 300-500, and if any of you guys have had a similar situation to what im going through can help me out , i really need help!

standard english (mark:61%) (rank:28/79)
general maths (mark:34%) (rank:43/82)
business studies (mark:84%) (rank:8/54)
legal studies (mark:70%) (rank:7/19)
ancient history (mark 85%) (rank:5/14

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
I don't think that just because things didn't go your way once that you should give up completely - that's stupid.

Rather, use this experience as an incentive to study EVEN harder, EVEN MORE efficiently, and most importantly, TO LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. Just think - if you give up now everything else you've done this year would be a waste of time.

Consistency is key in the HSC - keep going - you still have the trials AND the external exams to redeem yourself!

For Maths, I think doing past-papers daily is critical - Maths is a skill that needs to be constantly honed. I found (when I used to do Maths) I would forget everything extremely quickly if I did not put it in motion and continuously do so.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

And if you don't get your required ATAR, there are alternative ways to get into your desired course.

It's not the end of the world.

It's only the start

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)