• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Job Advice (I'm a current maccas employee) (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
This month I have started to look for another job in the area of retail mainly and I have worked at maccas for over 2 years (in the kitchen). Before I start applying for available jobs should I get trained at the front counter at maccas (to boost my people handling skills, other soft skills and cash register experience) so it will increase my chances of getting a new job? I've realised working just at the back doesn't prepare you enough.

Any advice?

Rainie

HSC
Well, perhaps do a Certificate II in Retail Operations via Maccas? They should offer it as those in-store traineeship things. If you can get that + some customer service skills, you should be prepared enough :)

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Beege said:
This month I have started to look for another job in the area of retail mainly and I have worked at maccas for over 2 years (in the kitchen). Before I start applying for available jobs should I get trained at the front counter at maccas (to boost my people handling skills, other soft skills and cash register experience) so it will increase my chances of getting a new job? I've realised working just at the back doesn't prepare you enough.

Any advice?
What kind of new job are you looking to get? I'd say apply now anyway. The fact that you've stayed in your current job for 2 yrs shows you've got commitment, you've obviously for work experience.

spence

HSC
Rainie said:
Well, perhaps do a Certificate II in Retail Operations via Maccas? They should offer it as those in-store traineeship things. If you can get that + some customer service skills, you should be prepared enough :)
Waste of time imo. Asking to be shown front area would be a good idea, and you should be able to pick it up really quickly (its piss easy to learn if you know back area). Although I'm sure you can get other jobs anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)