• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Just a few questions (after a little peace of mind here..) (1 Viewer)

OReilly

HSC
Hello,
School Rank: 132

My ranks:
Advanced English: 8/27
Extension 1 Eng: 2/2
Extension 2 Eng: 2/2
Ancient History 1/19
IT - Multimedia 2/6
I.P.T: 2/13

My ATAR aim is only around 60 since that is the ATAR requirement to get into IT at Newcastle Uni. I haven't been studying much at all since the trials, and I only really did some cram study the night before for the trial exams (I still went okay though), and I'm a bit fearful that I'm not going to do so well in the HSC exams and I'm going to hit the bum-end of the scaling and be thrown down to 55 or below... Also, sidenote: there's that whole 4 bonus points thing with Newcastle Uni, so I technically just need a 56.

I'm also considering putting a B Arts as my last preference, currently there are only 2 course preferences: B It/B Business was 1st requiring an atar of 78, and B IT was second. The reason for this is because I hear of these transfer credits that would allow me to change courses to IT at the end of the first semester. Is this true/likely?

I think I'm just worrying over nothing, and I hear I should be able to get a 60 easy. But I'm just after peace of mind right now so I can actually go into the exam without the consideration of necking myself afterwards (jokes!) for being such a fool and not finding the motivation to establish a study routine. I'm a good student, from what I'm told, and based off the marks and ranks I've achieved, I just never really studied, and lacked the enthusiasm to get in and attempt tasks until the last minute, and just manage to pull off a good enough mark. Now that's come back to bite me, when I need to study the most, haha!

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
Your school's rank is not too bad, neither are your ranks, they are pretty good, except you have a considerably small cohort, right now I'd say your looking at 79/80:), possibly more, now is the best time to be complacent leading up to your exams, you should be walking out of the exam thinking "I have performed to the best of my ability, and I have no regrets", as for your question about University, I am not well aquainted with how transfers work, so sorry I can't help you there. Just keep your head up high and study hard for whats to come :)

OReilly

HSC
Your school's rank is not too bad, neither are your ranks, they are pretty good, except you have a considerably small cohort, right now I'd say your looking at 79/80:), possibly more, now is the best time to be complacent leading up to your exams, you should be walking out of the exam thinking "I have performed to the best of my ability, and I have no regrets", as for your question about University, I am not well aquainted with how transfers work, so sorry I can't help you there. Just keep your head up high and study hard for whats to come :)
I see. 79/80 is quite astounding to hear, I have pretty high doubts that I'll achieve that though, given the little study I've done. I mean, English is my real dread at the moment... Given all the essays and the little perparation I've made. My mark was like 60% in the exam, I can't remember whether it was scaled up or down in my report, but I don't expect much higher than that in the HSC exam. The other subjects weren't too bad I guess, I'm expecting 85-90% in Multimedia, 75-80% in IPT, 70% in Ancient and 75% in Extension 1 English. That's just a realistic guess as of now, assuming I don't have any sudden rush of exam adrenaline or something, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)