• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

just wondering.. (1 Viewer)

Lizcat

HSC
did the people who got 100 in their UAI all go to selective schools??..

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Can't say for sure, but I don't think they all do. Some may be private and even public.

But the fact still remains that you can still attain a 100 UAI, regardless of what school you attend.

P

pLuvia

Going to a selective school gives more chances of getting a UAI of 100, but don't think all went to selective

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Didn't one member of BOS (c_james I think his name was) get 100 but go to a school ranked outside the top 200? So to answer your question, I severely doubt it.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
There do exist smart people who don't go to selective schools. There will have been private, public, and selective school students who got 100.

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
There do exist smart people who don't go to selective schools. There will have been private, public, and selective school students who got 100.

I_F
There is one REALLY smart guy in my year. i have no idea why he is in our school ..

P

pLuvia

Maybe he doesn't want to be in a more competitive environment :p

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
Didn't one member of BOS (c_james I think his name was) get 100 but go to a school ranked outside the top 200? So to answer your question, I severely doubt it.
yes, c_james didn't go to a selective school, but a private (catholic) non-selective, Marcellin college if I remember correctly. Though I reckon his school would've been top-200 atleast.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
umm 2 people last year in my school got 99+

soo yeah. it's feasible.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
fleepbasding said:
yes, c_james didn't go to a selective school, but a private (catholic) non-selective, Marcellin college if I remember correctly. Though I reckon his school would've been top-200 atleast.
We ranked 74 in 2005, and 174 in 2004.

To the original poster, believe me when I say it's more up to individual student ability than the school. While it's true that the majority of the top students attend selective schools which they and/or their parents (sometimes erroneously) think cater better to their ability, a lot don't, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It also has a lot to do with your particular year 12 cohort. As you could probably tell by our 2004 ranking, we didn't have too crash hot a year. Mine was very different - there were a lot of smart kids (a 99.55 UAI and a bunch of high 98s among them) and we were a much more competitive (healthily) bunch of guys.

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
^^ he was very smart - everyone at our school knew he'd get ~100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)