• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Last movie you watched? And what you thought of it? (1 Viewer)

bcv

HSC
has anyone watched american psycho? I watched it a few days ago and I was so pissed. Genuinely felt like a waste of time. still dont get to this day why the movie is r18. like wth is that violence 😭. plot was kinda confusing but more eerie I guess, I was just constantly scared that there was gonna be a scary scene but there never was 💀. tbh, after watching the boys, my mind has just been desensitised to gore/violence.

Has anyone also seen The silence of the lambs? Never watched it but always wanted to.
american psycho is really good, the point of the gore wasnt to be scary, theres layers to the movie and it's best you dont look at it with a superficial attitude. the movie is largely a critique of the "shallow and vicious aspects of capitalism," its not a waste of time if you consider that the characters are predominantly concerned with material gain and superficial appearances, traits indicative of a postmodern world in which the 'surface' reigns supreme. also it may be r18 cause of the sexual content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)