• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Latham or Howard? (1 Viewer)

Who would u vote if u had to choose b/w the following:

• Latham

Votes: 344 65.4%
  • Howard

Votes: 182 34.6%

• Total voters

lengstar

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
lmao the one that said 'how will latham manage our 8 billion dollar economy?'
exactly...if they had a evidence backed argument written out more intelligently their opinions might be taken into consideration but this is ridiculous!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol no way man shutup I hate John Howard's eye brows.

Yea.. I kinda wish this sorta thing would be kept out of these forums, however i've had some strong labor supporters PM me telling me that i'm an idiot and I can't back up anything I say, so i spose it's a matter of perspective.

lengstar

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
lol no way man shutup I hate John Howard's eye brows.

Yea.. I kinda wish this sorta thing would be kept out of these forums, however i've had some strong labor supporters PM me telling me that i'm an idiot and I can't back up anything I say, so i spose it's a matter of perspective.
yeah well your opinions are more looked into cause your a frequent contributer with more rational ideas then stupid one-off comments that mean nothing at all.

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
lmao the one that said 'how will latham manage our 8 billion dollar economy?'
I'm sick of dickheads who base their election choices on those fucking ads, with John Howard scare-mongering the public into believing the economy would have gone to shit if latham was in government, I doubt it very much. But who fucking cares! I voted based on morals and values, like the various UN resolutions that the Howard government fails to sign, or if a previous government has signed them he fails to meet their requirments. UNCRC (United Nations convention on the Rights of the Child) specifically states that a child should not be detained, oops we screwed that one up didn't we. The HREOC (Human rights and equal opportunity commission) does not agree with detention of refugees, we are the only western country to have this inhumane policy that causes severe physiological trauma. This issue has been ignored in the election campaign and that is why dickhead Howard got in, people failed to sight the real issues, rather then the fucking economy.

Last edited:

impulse_17

HSC
Jessisbored said:
its painful listening to everyone speak to highly about latham, hes an idiot...what hes just gonna give money away and bankrupt the economy just like he did to his tiny liverpool council (huge deficit there). Interest rates will rise as a result, and inflation. and his promises are shit, medicare gold wasnt backed by doctors and people over 75 generally get free healthcare already. If they are guarenteed a hospital bed then the rest of us 74's and under might not get a place in hospital with the nurse shortages. He thinks he's on a shopping spree the idiot, i wouldnt trust him with my life let alone the 800 billion dollar economy
its painful listening to people who swallow allll the propoganda (err.. i mean advertising) and take everything at face value

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
alot of people paying off their homes don't give a shit about wether child detention is right, they care alot more about their families security etc. etc.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's not that sad..

Usually the only people that care heaps about stuff like that ARE already heaps rich.. or are buddhists and don't care for posessions.

I'm sure when i have a family i'll care more about them than i will about any other group of people.

lengstar

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's not that sad..

Usually the only people that care heaps about stuff like that ARE already heaps rich.. or are buddhists and don't care for posessions.

I'm sure when i have a family i'll care more about them than i will about any other group of people.
true that....but you forgot one other group....those that are poor wondering why people are so unfair and the world so unjust....

lord chumpley

HSC
whhhyyyyy

so far in this thread, there've been a hell of a lot of labour voters or supporters...so what the funk happened? why exactly do so many people vote for the proIraq, proPrivateEducation, proHecsFees eyebrow man?

that is true

but as a labor supporter i hope that this large youth support will result in a change in government in the next elections

how can people say latham would be bad if they haven't even given him a chance- we don't know what he can do!

he may not be experienced but everyone has to start someone - and gain their first experience

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
why natstar...a liberal government is going to see the closures of certain UWS Campuses
Only the uncompetitive ones. And UWS will only cut its uncompetitive courses that have a low intake.

Seems fair.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Down with the libs

Enlightened_One said:
raising the bloody HECS fees will certainly mean that people our age (specially those who want to get to uni, but don't have enough money) hating Howard.
I am very bitter about this election.

I have to pay an extra $15,000 for university now that the liberals have got in
soon only the wealthy will be able to get an education

Under a labor govt, university was FREE. as opposed to the $75,000 debt that i will have in 5 years time.

I also struggle to see how the Iraq war is justified, and why anyone would want to vote for someone who authorises a major breach of international law (rendering the United Nations useless) and the killing of thousands of innocent people for GREED. In order for International Law to work, countries have to obey it.

And how can it be a war on terror? Saddam Hussein is not involved in terrorism and is in fact an enemy of Bin laden's. Where are the weapons of mass destruction? why have all these people been killed?

The world is going insane, we are entering 1984.

I voted Labor but I didn't like their preferences so I voted below the line, voting the first labor candidate as 1, then greens, nuclear disarmament etc after that.
it was a difficult choice who to put last, there are so many evil parties to choose from ie. australians against immigration, family first, one nation, not to mention the liberals.
fucking insane

this site may be of interest to all liberals supporters, you will all see how very stupid you were for voting for them:

http://www.johnhowardlies.com/Flyers/Top Ten.pdf

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Was latham going to make university free?
Is university the ONLY concern in my life?
How was the iraq war started over GREED?
That entire website is just stupid propaganda... all of the 'truths' are indeed themselves deceptive.

Generator

HSC
N/A
As are the truths supplied by the Coalition.

Last edited:

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
reformskoolgirl said:
how can people say latham would be bad if they haven't even given him a chance- we don't know what he can do!
you can argue the other way, and thats what the majority of our pragmatic nation did when they voted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)