• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legal studies text book. Should I invest in it? (1 Viewer)

Cheesecake_a

HSC
The HSC cambridge legal studies book 2nd edition I believe, is given to me in photo copied format since my school does not have as much funds to buy a dozen or so text books, and they are quite expensive.

Two of my friends have them and they say they are actually stimulated by the colours in the book to work more, in comparison to the black and white photocopied and highlighted booklet.

They also said I can sell it after so it would not be a bad investment.

The thing is I keep thinking it may not be necessary, however the writing is much bigger and does look great. (Maybe I am just attracted by the colours?) :S

But would you say it is worth it? It is about $66.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
The HSC cambridge legal studies book 2nd edition I believe, is given to me in photo copied format since my school does not have as much funds to buy a dozen or so text books, and they are quite expensive.

Two of my friends have them and they say they are actually stimulated by the colours in the book to work more, in comparison to the black and white photocopied and highlighted booklet.

They also said I can sell it after so it would not be a bad investment.

The thing is I keep thinking it may not be necessary, however the writing is much bigger and does look great. (Maybe I am just attracted by the colours?) :S

But would you say it is worth it? It is about $66.
It would really be a waste of 66 dollars if you buy it for the 'colours' imo the fact you already have it although its photocopied. I would actually rather prefer it photocopied so i can highlight the important key points etc.

findx

HSC
It'll be a waste of money. You might as well buy another legal studies book as a supplement which is colourful :)

loaves

HSC
I mean... buy it if you care that much about pretty colours and have a spare $66 laying around?

Personally I wouldn't.

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Lol my post sounds sort of stupid now. Okay, well I thought that buying a text book in general would maybe be better for me, but now that I think about it, I shouldn't.

And the top person in my legal class doesn't have a text book so I guess it doesn't matter much. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)