• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Legalise Weapons in Australia? So we can be like Americans? (2 Viewers)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
katie_tully said:
Look, honestly. What do you need a gun for in suburbia? You're in the shit as it is, if you bash/stab somebody in self defence - you have to prove that your life was in danger without doubt...So imagine the furore if you shot somebody, and it has happened. Look at the police, and the coals they are dragged over for using their weapons.

If you have ever lived on a farm, like I have for the last 13 years you'd know guns are a necessity. I hate guns. I loath guns...Yet, what do you do with 100 sheep on the brink of death because you can't feed them? What do you do with 100 kangaroos on the brink of death because there is a drought? Do you just let them die?

Guns have their uses, it's a shame human nature is the way it is.
What about the sport of pistols shooting, or shotguns or rifle shooting at ranges. What u dont think these are exceptable reasons for owning a gun in suburbia?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
the last thing we need is to be like americans..
As i have said time and time again there is currently no provision for personal protection as a reason for gun ownership in Australia, and our laws are nothing like the US's and i dont necessarily support the personal protection as a valid reason for gun ownership

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
katie_tully said:
Look, honestly. What do you need a gun for in suburbia? You're in the shit as it is, if you bash/stab somebody in self defence - you have to prove that your life was in danger without doubt...So imagine the furore if you shot somebody, and it has happened. Look at the police, and the coals they are dragged over for using their weapons.

Guns have their uses, it's a shame human nature is the way it is.
Guns are useless. They bring violence and death.
Sigh. If we could genetically remove hate from ppls genes and ban all weapons, that be gr8 = )

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Vangineer said:
Sigh. If we could genetically remove hate from ppls genes and ban all weapons, that be gr8 = )
Yeah, whatever , hmmmm

Stan..

HSC
Vangineer said:
Go hug a tree, Tool. It is all this anti-war bullshit that is spawning a generation of absolute idiots, It is human nature that we fight with eachother. Testement to your stupidity, What happened before guns were invented? There was still war. Technology only advances when we try to create bigger weapons to annihilate each other, Nuclear Power would have never taken off if it wasn't for the Nuke dropped on the Japs. There will always be war even if everyones genes were altered because people look different and people crave for power, Guns are just a common tool to achieve this common goal. Stop watching shitty anime and get your head in the world that you live in.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Stan.. said:
Go hug a tree, Tool. It is all this anti-war bullshit that is spawning a generation of absolute idiots, It is human nature that we fight with eachother. Testement to your stupidity, What happened before guns were invented? There was still war. Technology only advances when we try to create bigger weapons to annihilate each other, Nuclear Power would have never taken off if it wasn't for the Nuke dropped on the Japs. There will always be war even if everyones genes were altered because people look different and people crave for power, Guns are just a common tool to achieve this common goal. Stop watching shitty anime and get your head in the world that you live in.
Where did he mention war?

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Komaticom said:
You would need to ban human teeth/fingernails/fists/elbows/knees/legs, and that's not going to happen. Ever. EVER.
hmmm, well i mean weapons weapons, like manmade things

I mean, u could kill someone with a news paper. repeated endless hard hitting!!

K

katie_tully

Well Korn, if you live in suburbia and want to join a shooters club, cant you leave your gun and ammunition at the gun/pistol club, instead of bringing them home?

you're all off on a tangent - we're not going to become like america. but, there is absolutely no need for the average australian to own a high powered rifle.
the difference between america and australia is, that it's their "god given right" to own a gun...and for what?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
you're all off on a tangent - we're not going to become like america. but, there is absolutely no need for the average australian to own a high powered rifle.
the difference between america and australia is, that it's their "god given right" to own a gun...and for what?
There is more of a need in america for people to own guns (not for self defence), for example wolves etc, a small handgun isnt going to stop a full grown wolf.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
moonlightsonata,

that avatar somehow makes me feel like ur an old old lady, who sits and knits, and tells the world of all the wisdom u know......

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
katie_tully said:
Well Korn, if you live in suburbia and want to join a shooters club, cant you leave your gun and ammunition at the gun/pistol club, instead of bringing them home?

Well of course u leave them at the club, thats the law, where have i said that they should be in the home

Stan..

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Have we had a previous altercation?

I'm truly sorry. I have a tendency to offend people by proving them wrong :p
No Problem. Flame wars are only fun when people get offended.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
tattoodguy said:
hey farmer people? Do you think there are alot of guns on farms that you can get illegallly? like semi autos etc.....

Do you think most farmers have their guns registered?

Most farmers I know do have their guns registered legally because of the bullshit laws the government bought in for the wrong reasons and because of the harsh penalties that accompany them.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Xayma said:
There is more of a need in america for people to own guns (not for self defence), for example wolves etc, a small handgun isnt going to stop a full grown wolf.
LMAO! Rep!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Vangineer said:
moonlightsonata,

that avatar somehow makes me feel like ur an old old lady, who sits and knits, and tells the world of all the wisdom u know......
And your avatar makes me feel like you're a five year old, who likes red cordial and runs around biting furniture :)

Though I'm sure neither images are anywhere near the mark

(btw the pic is of Orpheus, from this awesome site, and that's a lyre not a knitting set lol).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)