• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Lifts 1 and 2 only stopping at a few floors (1 Viewer)

CandE

HSC
Today I noticed this:

The lift failed to stop at 22 when someone had pressed for that floor.
Lift two also had a similar sign showing only odd floors including level 25.
What is this all about? Does it happen often? This is the first time I have noticed it.
Perhaps they are thinking of upgrading the lifts and using the two lifts as a trial. Here is a suggestion, make lift one an all floors lift, and make all lifts stop on floors such as 3 and 5 where there is adequate space.

iLLUME

HSC
Take the stairs mate. I got stuck in one and I am never going in an elevator again

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
CandE said:
The lift failed to stop at 22 when someone had pressed for that floor.
Lift two also had a similar sign showing only odd floors including level 25.
What is this all about? Does it happen often? This is the first time I have noticed it.
I think that its because a lot of restoration is going on with various parts of the building and the construction workers. Don't quote me on it though.

iLLUME said:
Take the stairs mate. I got stuck in one and I am never going in an elevator again
It is just a tad hard to always use the stairs with the tower building.:p

CandE

HSC
Well there is a de-commisioned lecture theatre on level 16, and I noticed that workers were in the fire control room when I walked past. Didn't notice anything else. What levels of the Tower Building are undergoing restoration?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
CandE said:
Well there is a de-commisioned lecture theatre on level 16, and I noticed that workers were in the fire control room when I walked past. Didn't notice anything else. What levels of the Tower Building are undergoing restoration?
I know a few of the upper levels have a lot of rooms being redone and whatnot (somewhere between 19 and 25).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
That sign has been there for yonks and I've seen it being displayed before but I haven't used it. Express lifts are good in the peak times as those lifts take like 5-10 minutes to come sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)