• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Limited UAI (1 Viewer)

avlon

HSC
Does anyone know anything about the limted UAI?

I am doing combined preliminary/HSC at tafe next year and i am 20 years old,
I want to do a bachelor of environmental science at Uni and will only need biology and maths, with english as compulsary.

does anyone reccomend doing only 3 subjests over 1 year? or should i do it over 2 years to be extra prepared and have my brain trained!

HSC
by limiited uai they mean u just cant expect to get a uai in the high 90's
however u can mange to get a uai i think up to like 93 or 94
i dont know why ppl who do the hsc agian or not at school have to get a limited uai but yer thats wat i found out at some open uni thing i went to

oh and bout u doing the 3 subjects over one yaer or 2 years is really up to u as will u be full time or part time?

avlon

HSC
I hadn't finished school due to family matters, i can in fact get a regular uai and do the normal hsc but for the field i'm doing i only need 2 or 3 designated subjects so i thought it would be better to concentrate on those rather than doing say 4 other subjects i would not even use!

so with a limited uai you CAN get above say 75???

HSC
avlon said:
I hadn't finished school due to family matters, i can in fact get a regular uai and do the normal hsc but for the field i'm doing i only need 2 or 3 designated subjects so i thought it would be better to concentrate on those rather than doing say 4 other subjects i would not even use!

so with a limited uai you CAN get above say 75???
yesssss u can!!!!!!
u just cant get a uai of like 94 or 95

thou u are only doing 2 or 3 subjects so maybe that may be a bit differnt cause i know if u were doing all 5 or 6 subjects then yer any uai up to like 93 is possible.. so it may be the same for u but i was always under the impression to get a uai no matter how u were studying u needed to have at least 10 units studied in the end

avlon

HSC
I'm excited that it IS achievable! from what i gathered, limited uai i would need minimum 5-9 units.

so if i do 2 unit english, 2 unit maths and 3 unit bioligy i should be okay right?!

do i need to call the university to find out how many units they recommend?

i was told that they prefer if you have done a certain amount... ?!

and the UAI cut off for bachelor of environmental science is 75.65 !

HSC
well yay environmental science is achievable for u im happy for ya!!
and if i was u i would just check with the uni to see wat they recomend just so that u knw u are on the right path and everything

avlon

HSC
you just took so much anxiety away from me!!

yes i will call the university to double check and check again..

i want to get this right. its much better when you know precisely what you need to get into a course.

studying only three subjects allows me to completely concentrate and apply all of my effort!

i really am hoping i do very well.

avlon

HSC
Thanks Amber!

I would like to hear anyone else who has advice on whether i should do limited uai specifically for benvsc

also anyone who had done hsc at tafe or a limited uai to progress to uni

not finishing school was out of my hands, i was homeless 3 times before i was 17. and i really love science.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)