• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Loan shark, hero or something in between? (2 Viewers)

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Except who gives a fuck because he can still sue them

HSC
So we just pay them ad inifinitum to sit around and get drunk? The loan shark might not be our biggest problem in the story. Glad my taxes are being well spent.
honestly i don't mind a portion of my taxes going to the cause, if it means they stay in their shit indigenous communities and i don't have to interact with them

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
You obviously don't know much about the legal system if you think that's a viable option for him.
More information is needed here. Nolan is probably right though, the police commissioner cannot simply decide by decree that the debt is unenforceable.

The case will probably require testing in the courts before we really find out. It certainly appears to be a valid contract.

banco55

HSC
More information is needed here. Nolan is probably right though, the police commissioner cannot simply decide by decree that the debt is unenforceable.

The case will probably require testing in the courts before we really find out. It certainly appears to be a valid contract.
Even if he was going to have a 100 % win rate in the courts it still wouldn't be worth it to him. He's loaning small amounts of money to people on centerlink. He'd have to take them all to court separately and than assuming he wins the court case he'd have to enforce the judgement (good luck with that when they have zero assets and their sole income is centerlink).

The guy is fucked.

debts

HSC
N/A
he only charges 33% interest? he's slightly reasonable then i guess, he could charge more if he wanted to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)