• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Lord of the rings book (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Even in the uber-l33t extended edition (which I own :D) Tom Bombadil isn't even mentioned. We can yet hope, however, that the battle will be multiplied in coolness for the megaDVD of ROTK
Myeas.. I'm not a LotR fan, but I must say the entirety of the Minas Tirith arc of the film was wonderfully done. Then again, it's so well done that I'm doubtful of whether they cut anything out

KfWang

hhhmm i reakcon the book was a lot better too, i mean given the time limit of a film peter jackson did absolute magic.
still... i wanted 2 c all the rangers fight and stuff, and how saruman got his butt kicked... i also didnt like the ending of the fight at gondor, how all the ghosts came and then kiled everything ruined a good fight scene.. well not really, but just didnt add onto it
im starting 2 read the books again... :)

HSC
i heard that the scene with saruman might (i mean might) appear in the extended edition. i hope it's true.
the books rock!!! didn't get the whole tom bombadil bit but still it's worth that he can be included for around 5 minutes in the 1st film at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)