• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Loving The Hsc... :d (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
ishq said:
What texts do you do?
TBS: DC, TSBTS & TRIH. I couldn't be bothered typing them all out :)
But I seem to like Advanced more. To me the texts seem more interesting, particularly BNW.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yeah, as ishq said, go 2 an english forum, this is maths boys, geez :mad: :jedi: :uzi: :drink: :read: :ninja: :pain: :evilfire: :axedeath: :apig: :rofl: :hammer: :rolleyes: :) :jedi: :drink:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
im just thinking how cool is it calling 4u maths MX2. sounds like a model name for those robots the americans are sending to war. bah all you 2u-adv eng ppl. you should've appealed to your feminine side and did ext1 eng.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
dawso said:
yeah, as ishq said, go 2 an english forum, this is maths boys, geez :mad: :jedi: :uzi: :drink: :read: :ninja: :pain: :evilfire: :axedeath: :apig: :rofl: :hammer: :rolleyes: :) :jedi: :drink:
Well, that'll be the final post on that topic then...(in the maths forum) :)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
blackfriday said:
im just thinking how cool is it calling 4u maths MX2. sounds like a model name for those robots the americans are sending to war.
At my school, they write 4U as Maths X2 on our timetable...looks like they've already caught onto the futuristic way of writing it :)

blackfriday said:
bah all you 2u-adv eng ppl. you should've appealed to your feminine side and did ext1 eng.
More male students are taking up Ext 1 and Ext 2 English...last year first in Ext 2 was male - not sure about Ext 1, but something tells me all of the top English students in 2004 were male.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
In contrast to what Absolution said, I'm definitely in favour of Advanced over Ext 1 - crime fiction is...well...put it this way, I'm not liking it that much. I don't mind the creative composition (my current assessment), but I'm not enjoying the prescribed texts that much...
thats because crime fiction is borrrrrrrrrrrrringggggg *snores*

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
JamiL said:
that cos english in genral is boring... lol it is kool when ur in a class of 4u maths students thou :D
english is funnnnnnn, crime fiction is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring *yawns*

ishq

brown?
HSC
English is funnnnnnnn
HSC English is borrrrrrrrrrring

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
JamiL said:
nah leave them in hear, we can tease them that our ext 1 maths scales better than there Ext 2 english and it easyer 2 do :D
...and your use of "hear" instead of "here" clearly indicates why you aren't in Ext 2 English :p...
And what if you're doing Maths Ext 2 and English Ext 1??? :D

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
...and your use of "hear" instead of "here" clearly indicates why you aren't in Ext 2 English :p...
And what if you're doing Maths Ext 2 and English Ext 1??? :D
then ur wasting ur tym cos u should be more intrested in concentrating on chem n eco. i believe the ext in eng arnt worth it cos u still have 2 do 2u. in ext 2 maths its alot of work but ext1 n ext2 both count as 2u each so it makes up 4 it. but in ext 2 english u do 3 totaly different courses and i dont believe the rewards are fitting 4 the amout of work done. ditto with ext history 2.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
JamiL said:
then ur wasting ur tym cos u should be more intrested in concentrating on chem n eco. i believe the ext in eng arnt worth it cos u still have 2 do 2u. in ext 2 maths its alot of work but ext1 n ext2 both count as 2u each so it makes up 4 it. but in ext 2 english u do 3 totaly different courses and i dont believe the rewards are fitting 4 the amout of work done. ditto with ext history 2.
I'd agree to an extent. However, Ext 1 English doesn't seem to be taking up a great deal of "study" time for me - it's really only my CF composition that's taking up time. But then again, I'll probably either drop it in the end or stuff it up in the HSC...

ishq

brown?
HSC
JamiL said:
You're wrong.
Just wrong.
I really want to go into a fully developed argument as to why, but i can't be bothered.

Eng/Math Ext2 rocks.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
ishq said:
You're wrong.
Just wrong.
I really want to go into a fully developed argument as to why, but i can't be bothered.

Eng/Math Ext2 rocks.
You do both Maths Ext 2 and English Ext 2?

ishq

brown?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
You do both Maths Ext 2 and English Ext 2?
So far!
I couldnt bear to choose!

Though i wish i had ur advantage!
Completed in 2004: Mathematics, Maths Ext 1 :)

:)

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i feel any1 that does ext 2 maths n english is utterly crazy... if i was that person i would chose on ext 2 subject and drop 2 2u in the other (in my case it would be maths no questions asked). this gives you the ability to try hard in the ext 2 n ext 1 subject and also try to maximise ur 2u subject. i feel that doin 4u of each may have more of a -ve affect then +ve. but every1 is different and must chose wot best suits them.
there was a boy in my year who wanted 2 do ext 2 math n english... he ended up doin 2u maths and got 38.5/40 4 his 1st assesment.
i had the option to do ext 1 english, but i was certain that it wouldn count and that i may on put more added preasure on me and i do 13units as it is...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
JamiL said:
i feel any1 that does ext 2 maths n english is utterly crazy... if i was that person i would chose on ext 2 subject and drop 2 2u in the other (in my case it would be maths no questions asked). this gives you the ability to try hard in the ext 2 n ext 1 subject and also try to maximise ur 2u subject. i feel that doin 4u of each may have more of a -ve affect then +ve. but every1 is different and must chose wot best suits them.
there was a boy in my year who wanted 2 do ext 2 math n english... he ended up doin 2u maths and got 38.5/40 4 his 1st assesment.
i had the option to do ext 1 english, but i was certain that it wouldn count and that i may on put more added preasure on me and i do 13units as it is...
If I had done extension 2 english it might just have cancelled some of my (relatively) dismal advanced result out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)