• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maccas help (1 Viewer)

rovelive63

HSC
hi, i need help since its about my first job, and im applying for mcdonalds. its asks me about 3 hobbies, i put double tennis and badminton, vollyball,...
so i dont know what to put for my last hobby, i need it to be social/teamwork kinda hobby so what do you all suggest?

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
I wrote reading when I applied, trust me they don't give a fuck about that. If you're young, they'll probably accept you if they're looking for employment.

akrinis

HSC
It's strange. I work at Maccas, and in one the emails I received [when they told me I was hired] they said:

You will then be required to complete the "Welcome to Maccas" module and Restaurant Basics quiz. This will take you around 2 hours to complete, but don't worry you will be paid for these hours in your first pay cheque!
I haven't been paid for those two hours. I just remembered the payslip didn't anything about the module. I'll have to check this out.

Did you guys get paid for completing the 2-hour module? :|

Last edited:

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
akrinis said:
It's strange. I work at Maccas, and in one the emails I received [when they told me I was hired] they said:

I haven't been paid for those two hours. I just remembered the payslip didn't anything about the module. I'll have to check this out.

Did you guys get paid for completing the 2-hour module? :|
I didn't either, nor did anyone else at my work. But it's only like $15 so who cares?

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
put down

politics, economics and philosophy

do you enjoy working at mcdonald's? did your parents make you apply?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I worked at Maccas for 3 years, and in my last year I was a Manager or so called Shift Supivisor, and as everyone said, ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE PAY RATE THEY ARE GIVE. Thats why my old store was full of sill 15year old girls. It drives you mad half the time when they just stand around daydreaming..

akrinis

HSC
Ahh, my roster hasn't been updated yet and it's been almost a week. Aren't rosters posted a week in advance of next week's schedule? My manager said he'd get it done last night.

URRGH, Metime's down for maintenance. I still can't get hold of the roster.

It's hard when you're new.. I don't feel particularly appreciated by my co-workers, and I'm copping crap because I'm new and they don't have time to teach me everything. They didn't tell me to pepper the 4-1 patties, and one crew trainer even told me not to use blue gloves [in the heat of the
rush] because my side ran out. URGGH, talk about irresponsible. I gave them my piece of mind. I mean, I enjoy the job heaps, but it'll take some getting used to. There are some really cool people there though, so it balances out. And why do I keep getting burnt on the grills?

They'll test me in a couple of weeks (think it's called a SOC). Any advice?

Last edited:

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
If the Crew Trainer is cool he'll pass you on the SOC no matter what. Don't worry about it, you can't be blamed for what you haven't been taught.

I think that for the first 3 months I would burn myself on the grill EVERY shift, it's normal.

And if managers catch you not wearing the blue glove when touching raw 10-1 or 4-1 patties you can get in shit, so just do it because it only takes a second to get it on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)