• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Major Works (1 Viewer)

Pierotte

HSC
Art, Drama, Ext 2 Eng, Society and Culture, Industirial Tech, Music, Textiles etc etc etc

Whose doing them?

How are you holding up?

Do u regret having chosen a subject that involves a major work?

Do you really believe ur gonna be finished by the due dates (im not sure when they are, but i know theyre looming somewhere in the very near future)?

Are they very slowly but surely driving you insane?

Do they often get neglected because of other commitments?

Do they often get neglected cuz theyre just so damn intimidating, and you keep thinking yeah peice of cake i can wing it, but as time goes on the reality of how much work they really do take dawns on you and freaks you out?

Do you wish u had started atleast 6 months ago like a good child should have?

Have you lied to ur teachers and told them that youre Soooo ok and soooo almost finished, when in reality youre not, so now u cant go ask them for help in fear of that awfull "why oh why did you lie" look they will give you, filled with pity and disgust that just will make it all worse?

Is that fact that its so rushed and has had so little time spent on it starting to show, and everytime u go to work on it you get an overwhelming sense of regret do to the fact that it is nowhere near the standard of quality that it should be???

Fuck. Im having the biggest panic attack. I cant think, i cant word, its debilitating.

I figurd if i just have a huge whinge itll get a load off my chest and i can go start again with a clear mind.

Maybe ill find out im not alone and calm down.

So here is a thread dedicated to your rants and raves about the evil evil things that are major works.

(if you are a commited student who is allready finished i DONT wanna know about it!)

get_born

i absolutely hate it whenpeople who know nothing about art sit behind you and act as if there art critics. It begins with... 'Wow your work is good...' and then the word 'but' comes into the sentence and you go from feeling good about yourself to likee feeling as if you've hit rock bottom.

Pierotte

HSC
last_chance said:
i absolutely hate it whenpeople who know nothing about art sit behind you and act as if there art critics. It begins with... 'Wow your work is good...' and then the word 'but' comes into the sentence and you go from feeling good about yourself to likee feeling as if you've hit rock bottom.
ME TOO!

Theyre all like oo nice, but its out of proprtion, and im like "its delibertely ditorted you fuck!

OR you get the whole "but how can u have shaddowning on this side AND on that side"

or "i like it yeah, but is THIS your major work?" me"yes" them "oh.... really??"

I hate it when art teachers critisize it too.... its kills me. I hate it when anybody says anything about it. I dont like questions either. I dont even wanna show it to anyone. And if i do i just want compliments, so so many compliments.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i'm not particularly happy with my ext2 mw but it's slowly (soo slowly) getting there. and i don't like that sort of criticism either so i don't show anybody unless i have to or i really really trust their judgement and know they can help me.

get_born

well in the end for anyone who does do that... just one thing...let them come close to trying to produce something anywhere as good. lol. tha ts if they turn out good....man im so dreading eng ext 2 and art, especially art seeing as how the BOS people are coming to our school to mark what we are doing. *pulling the hair our of my head*

Kulazzi

HSC
I am not very, but quite close to finishing off my CM for my PIP although I do regret choosing textiles - mainly because she stresses out if no-one has anything done which in turn stresses us out. Seriously, it's like she's doing the HSC instead of us. She started crying one time when a student forgot to bring her major during a prac lesson and that student was a fair bit behind. Then everyone was like in hushed tones "OMG, she's crying!". So yeah :rolleyes:, she's going to retire next year. Am I so glad for the year 11er's!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I've finished my PIP and my Ext2 i'm editing. I have to say as much as I have complained throughout my majors and will continue to, I have found them soo fulfilling and its been an incredible learning curve.
Deep down I really don't care what I get for them from the board of studies because I have enjoyed the journey and learnt so much from it and thats what they are all about and no mark can change that.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
im doing one for dt, im hating it now, im probly not going to (or just) finish, all i think of is doing the project and how much i havent done and how much everyone else has done compared to me.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ive got ipt, ext2 and drama... ipt is done (thank god)
but drama and ext2 have a LONG way to go, and imean heaps. There are going to be alot of allnighters for me coming up i think.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i can't do ee2 anymore. i just couldn't write.. i don't think extended composition is for me.

i'll post up my 4000 or so words and people can steal stuff from it even though it's so crap :p

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Nooo!!Come on! Don't leave the EE2 gang! 4000 words is heaps, seriously! Its only 2000 words more to go till finish! Just 6 more weeks and 2k words, you can do it!

Pierotte

HSC
Urg... im hating this.

I think my art 100% (school) due date is next week. Im screwed. I hate it. Its just so... soo.... soooo... i dunno. I loathe the sight of it. It makes me feel tremendously ill. I cant sleep as im always thinking about it. I seem to have reached a wall and i cant go any further. Whenever i do i spend HOURS upon hours on a peice, get fed up and rub it out (charcoal), then i redo it, decide i hate it, get angry and reckless and erase that too. Then for all my hard work i have nothing. It has to stop. But i cant do art if i detatch my self emotionally. And because of that i cant do it when im not in the mood. Then when i do stuff i remember oh HSC, and cant do anymore cuz i dont believe its at an acceptable standard. Then i get angry and rub it out... sigh

My drama IP is due next week too... I havnt worked on it for terms. Im scared its not funny. I cant put evergy into it. Its lame. I hate it.

Im so glad i didnt do ee2, i dont think i could have handled that aswell.

The the trials are like so soon, and all my major works are due first fucking day of the trials. Whose decision was that! Are they stupid. Do they want me to haemorage and die?? Urg.. i think im actually making my self physically sick.

HSC
my SDD major project was alot of fun, the day before it was due i got back from school at 12:40pm and worked on it STRAIGHT till about 3:30am, woke up 7am and worked on it 7:30am till 12pm and came in and handed it in

needless to say if i dont get at least 90 im going to shoot someone, i was working on it for over a month

chamelia

HSC
Death to Major design projects please! ..I dont think Ive slept more than 4-5 hours any night these holidays just becasue Im spending every second trying to get through my MDP.

I wont even get into my BOW for art..Death to that too :(

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
kami said:
Nooo!!Come on! Don't leave the EE2 gang! 4000 words is heaps, seriously! Its only 2000 words more to go till finish! Just 6 more weeks and 2k words, you can do it!
haha my teacher wants a completed draft by Tuesday (first day back) holy crap.. i only have like 3000 words so far and my dad screwed up the computer so one section of it is completely gone. ARGH SCREW YOU EE2!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)