• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Extension 1 Prelim Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

jadenmaccas

HSC
Hello everyone! I'm in year 10 doing maths accelerated. We have currently finished a year 11 two unit exam and I think I'm going extremely well this time. When I first started, I achieved 43/45 in my first exam (Basic Arithmetic, Algebra and Surds, and Equations) and I achieved 75/77 in the exam I did at the end of last term (Functions and Graphs, Equations (repeated) and trigonometry))

We have a final exam coming up which consists of all the two unit chapters and I'm a little nervous of how I should prepare for the exam and when I should prepare for this currently. I am currently in the driving seat (we are doing introduction to calculus now) and I'm asking you guys what math did YOUR school have to attain to get into maths extension 1 prelim? My aim is to get into Year 12 Extension 2 Math, my further aim being to achieve a raw mark of 90% in that exam. I Know it is difficult, but I will do anything to boost my atar.

Guys briefly tell me the mininum mark to get into ext 1 maths prelim in your school and also how to take on my final year 11 two unit exam????

:read::read::read:

Deezee3

HSC
Teachers at my school recommend 85+ if wanting to do 3u maths for yr 11...but it really depends on how u feel about ur progress. if u feel confident, go for it, remember that u can always drop it in yr 12 if u feel that its too much for u.
As for your last 2u exam, it seems that ur previous exam marks are very good i suggest u just keep practising questions and memorising/applying formula and try ur best during the exam

Alkanes

HSC
Just do what you did for the last two exams that you had. Obviously you will be expected to do extension 1 next year since you're accelerating but usually it will be determined from your SC results this year. And a 90% raw for 4u is very very hard, so don't aim too high but by all means if you have the determination why not?

Gigacube

HSC
To get into 2 unit math you have to get a band 5 or 6 & your maths teacher has to approve of you doing that. Usually people with bad work ethics get sent straight to general maths, no chances. To get into ext 1 you have to have consistently high marks & be in the top 20.

Good luck with Maths ext! Looks like you're doing great so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)