• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Media law timetable - I don't get it..i don't get it (1 Viewer)

dead prez

someone explain to me why it seems like i'm doing 2 subjects in the first semester: MAS 104 and LAW 113

with what..a total of like 6 hours a week?
????

CUL 100, MAS105 and LAW 103 are in the second semester?

is that right?
huh?
huH?

subjects are on page 346..have a quick look..what did i miss?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
probably nothing, you may have space to choose some electives. that is, you can choose subjects of interest or subjects which will complement your degree to fill up the space.

muli

yeh you're doing it right, but yeh i think you'll need to slot some more elective units in there if you wanna make the necessary minimum credit points for your degree, not just the core units

dead prez

where do i find out the minimum number of credit points?

damn this is going to ruin my day

muli

Ok it's a minimum 116 credit points, with a minimum of 74 law credit points (that's over the 5 years)

By the looks of it you only have 7 optional credit points to play with if you're only intending to meet the minimum, the rest is taken up by core units.

dead prez

page 438 (red section)

after doing jurisprudence LAW 113 in the first semester

that should technically allow me to do LAW 204 and LAW 205 in the second semester

but they clash on the timetable...is there anyway i can do anything above LAW 100 units in the first year?

no? seems intentional aye? bastards.

thank you all for the input

dead prez

well i would have to complete at least one LAW subject at the 100 level in the first semester if i want to do the (select few) LAW subjects (200 +) in the second which only have a 100 level prerequisite.

and all those (select few) courses are offered only in the first semester

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if they have 200 units without prerequisites, then you can do them in the first year. or if the prereq is something you do in the 1st semester you can do it in the 2nd semester.

make sure you are aware you can have clashes, you just have to catch up on work (for the subjects you don't go to )later.

dead prez

sorry clash is the wrong word

"clash" as in its only offered during the first semester....my first semester...which means i haven't completed any 100 units

dead prez

uh yeah of course

but i was just saying that given the specific prerequisites...if they offered some of the courses in alternative semesters...i could do more law in the first year

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah that's true, but unfortunately that's not the case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)