• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Melbourne (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I hate Melbourne, people there are so fucking retarded I swear, went there last year, when people ask me where I'm from and I said I'm from Sydney, most of them fucking give me a lecture on why Melbourne is better than Sydney. I get it, we're fucking expensive, but we don't have ugly looking trams running over people in the city. They're full of themselves I swear, they even have a facebook group with 40,000+ thinking why Melbourne better than Sydney.

:angry:

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
that melbourne is better than sydney facebook group is fucking ridiculous, you could rip them so hard with over half the statements they wrote.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
icraig88 said:
that melbourne is better than sydney facebook group is fucking ridiculous, you could rip them so hard with over half the statements they wrote.
nah as if, obviously if they have a couple of big buildings and a shit footy code and cricket ground then they're a better city. but my personal favourite is:
Monopoly Board which features Melbourne
oh right ok, i'm going to move to melbourne now that i know it has its own monopoly board.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Going to Melbourne for shopping? Why don't you travel a bit further and go to London, Paris or New York? Gees!

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
JaredR said:
Going to Melbourne for shopping? Why don't you travel a bit further and go to London, Paris or New York? Gees!

I know, just say that to those retards who live in Melbourne, they'll complete be in denial, lol. :rofl:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Triangulum said:
nah as if, obviously if they have a couple of big buildings and a shit footy code and cricket ground then they're a better city. but my personal favourite is:

oh right ok, i'm going to move to melbourne now that i know it has its own monopoly board.
No one outside of Australia plays AFL, I mean look when we play against Ireland, the whole concept of the game is different, it looks like hand soccer. :rofl:

rozymisty

HSC
Ahh..i think given that sydney hosts the mardi gras, sydney would be poof central!!

I love Melbourne better than Sydney!! much more interesting stuff to do and cheaper than Sydney. They actually had a thing about it in the news a few months ago or so saying that Tourism NSW are doing urgent advertising coz melbourne is now better and much more popular than Sydney so there!!!

I was going to suggest Nomads backpackers on Abecket street, but obviously since you are not 18 you couldnt stay there unless you had parents write a letter to the owners. But when you turn 18 its a great place, nice and clean though the toliets down stairs in the main entrance have a very small area, and a glass door looking in which isnt really good. But the dorms were really clean, but squeeky, like any bunk beds. Right next to the Vic markets.

i cant wait to go back to melbourne!

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
Triangulum said:

haha i fucking loled at that. thought it was one of the worst back up comments ive ever heard. who the fuck cares about some fucking board game. they complain about the lebs in sydney, howbout the fucking serbs and all those sorta cunts in melb, they're shit is way worse. and who gives a fuck about the mcg, we have telstra stadium (now called anz), scg, sydney showground, aussie stadium. the list goes on and on and on. do they want a medal for all the fucking pointless shit they posted on that pointless fucking group or what.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
rozymisty said:
Ahh..i think given that sydney hosts the mardi gras, sydney would be poof central!!

I love Melbourne better than Sydney!! much more interesting stuff to do and cheaper than Sydney. They actually had a thing about it in the news a few months ago or so saying that Tourism NSW are doing urgent advertising coz melbourne is now better and much more popular than Sydney so there!!!

I was going to suggest Nomads backpackers on Abecket street, but obviously since you are not 18 you couldnt stay there unless you had parents write a letter to the owners. But when you turn 18 its a great place, nice and clean though the toliets down stairs in the main entrance have a very small area, and a glass door looking in which isnt really good. But the dorms were really clean, but squeeky, like any bunk beds. Right next to the Vic markets.

i cant wait to go back to melbourne!
Why would you judge the city because of the parade? Let gays celebrate what they want. I have nothing against homosexual people, it seems you do? They haven't said anything about urgent advertising on the news, you must be in Melbourne getting brainwashed by the media :rofl:. And Sydney is not that expensive, you was just unlucky getting ripped off here all the time.

*hopeful*

HSC
I've stayed at Oaks on Collins (on Collins St duh), its a nice hotel, split between 3 of us it was only about 130ish each and its only a (or maybe two) tram ride/s away to Chapel St and Spencer St DFO which is pretty good as well

*hopeful*

HSC
and i love melb so much i just booked tickets for the end of june :D

em_516

bludging..
HSC
*hopeful* said:
I've just booked tickets to go early June haha! I'm super excited but one of the days I'm there I'll be on my own so I wanted to use that day to go shopping..really want some new jeans. Can you recommend anywhere good? I don't want designer jeans or anything, just to maybe get away from the Just Jeans sort of shopping.

*hopeful*

HSC
em_516 said:
I've just booked tickets to go early June haha! I'm super excited but one of the days I'm there I'll be on my own so I wanted to use that day to go shopping..really want some new jeans. Can you recommend anywhere good? I don't want designer jeans or anything, just to maybe get away from the Just Jeans sort of shopping.
definitely do chapel st, theres a good variety of stores so im sure you'll find something, alot of my friends like GASP jeans but i think they only suit really thin girls

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
Yeah, I liked it, wouldn't mind going back and staying for a bit longer than a weekend (spent doing assignments and looking at exhibitions ><)

*hopeful*

HSC
what does everyone who has been like about melb ??

im going back for the shopping and the nightlife

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
I really like Melbourne.
I'd have to say more the Sydney.

However I only recall going to Sydney about 3 times in my life, not including flying into the airport then flying out again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)