• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mid semester break (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
Hero, uws has commited itself to give uws students more 'end of the year' holidays thus its stinginess with giving us mid sem holidays.
EDIT: and cape, stop rubbing salt in the wound, i wonder why we all cant have no exams X( :p grrrr

Last edited:

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
Cape said:
Hero I suggest you go back to high school and learn to write in english!

Atleast UWS gives you a week before exams to study - I'm sure mac has their reasons why they do the timetabling that way.

It is also noted that NOT every student has end of semester exams though :D
I know not every student has end of semester exams, but with 4 subjects it's highly likely wouldn't it?...but as long as ur happy with the scheduling then it's not really an issue 4 u...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
I know not every student has end of semester exams, but with 4 subjects it's highly likely wouldn't it?...but as long as ur happy with the scheduling then it's not really an issue 4 u...
I had no final exams all of last year :D

Instead the stupid tourism department decided that in the final teaching week all the exams would be then. And I'm not complaining cause they were open book and we were given the question a week before :D But since we complained about it, tourism exams are now held in the examination period.

I only have 2 final exams this semester, so I'm happy :D

klh - sorry, end of rubbing it in about final exams :p

HerO

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
I had no final exams all of last year :D

Instead the stupid tourism department decided that in the final teaching week all the exams would be then. And I'm not complaining cause they were open book and we were given the question a week before :D But since we complained about it, tourism exams are now held in the examination period.

I only have 2 final exams this semester, so I'm happy :D

klh - sorry, end of rubbing it in about final exams :p
OMG are u serious, wat's the point of exams if u know wat questions ur gonna get and write the answers out beforehand?...

klh

HSC
nah you can rub it in, im just jealous.
haha you still have 2, thats enough for me.
i just found out that i dont have a final exam for 1 of my units woohoo! but its a online quiz and its right on my birthday!!! how unfortunate.

Super_Flyse

HSC
So, It's because of you that I have exams in the exam period!

Going back to my previous posting about Mac mid-semester break... if its two weeks and starts week 7, then it goes into week 8 which is the week starting with ANZAC day... Thusly meaning that I was right. I just didn't know it was two weeks.

Ok, that's me out...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
OMG are u serious, wat's the point of exams if u know wat questions ur gonna get and write the answers out beforehand?...
well, its still hard to pass though. The essay questions were very difficult and didn't just rely on research, introduction to australian indigenous studies was a reflective report (hence why I nearly failed the subject - cause the teacher didn't like me). But the questions weren't stright forward and actually required a lot of thinking and preparing time. Mind you, this only happened in 3 subjects throughout last year.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh - my two exams I must pass otherwise I fail the units :(

Super_Flyse - I'm sorry, but all the exams in three weeks got tiring. You'll understand when the time comes :)

HerO

Banned
HSC
Super_Flyse said:
So, It's because of you that I have exams in the exam period!

Going back to my previous posting about Mac mid-semester break... if its two weeks and starts week 7, then it goes into week 8 which is the week starting with ANZAC day... Thusly meaning that I was right. I just didn't know it was two weeks.

Ok, that's me out...
No, ur were actually still wrong, the mid break starts in week 8, the week starting with Anzac day starts in week 9.

HerO

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
well, its still hard to pass though. The essay questions were very difficult and didn't just rely on research, introduction to australian indigenous studies was a reflective report (hence why I nearly failed the subject - cause the teacher didn't like me). But the questions weren't stright forward and actually required a lot of thinking and preparing time. Mind you, this only happened in 3 subjects throughout last year.
Intro 2 abo studies sounds really boring, if I did it then would've been difficult 2 keep up motivation.

HerO

Banned
HSC
natstar said:
Whats so bad about having stuvac.
HerO- Your obviously never done law- thats when open book tests are a must.
Law I can understand, but when u have open book and u get 2 know the questions beforehand sounds very weird in deed. :cool:

I don't like the idea of Stuvac, students are deprived of an extra weeks holiday...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It was boring, and the lecturer had something against me because I am english. But meh, it was only 10 or so weeks out of my life. 3 hours a week - so i guess it wasn't that bad.

HerO

Banned
HSC
natstar said:
You dont know the questions before the test in any type of exam, to my knowledge and expereince anyway. In my law open book test last semester, we had to refer to our books to get cases to support our answer. We dont know the type of questions we are going to get so its impossible to memorise cases to every single possible situation there is to write about.
If u did Intro 2 Abo Studies then u would've realised that it's open book and u get the questions beforehand. :cool:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
If u did Intro 2 Abo Studies then u would've realised that it's open book and u get the questions beforehand. :cool:
And tourism systems :D

Super_Flyse - my friend showed me the outline for this years tourism systems and its EXACTLY the same as last year,lol. Cause he failed the subject, hes just handing in all of last years seminar work.

klh

HSC
i had a unit which said that we were given a pool of 8 q's and in the 8, 4 would be selected and only 2 will be needed to be done to finish the exam. so i thought sweet this is cool, all i gotta do is do all the eight to be on the safe side.
on the day, onyl one fo the exam questions appeared, the other qs were different and not on the topic of the other questions. suffice to say i am lucky i got a pass for it.
so in hindsight, never trust wha tthe lect says about exams and to study the whole thing and not selected parts you think are the most important unless it is made clear that it is the only thing assesable.

hero, we arent deprived of an extra week holiday, it just adds onto the end of year holiday.

HerO

Banned
HSC
klh said:
i had a unit which said that we were given a pool of 8 q's and in the 8, 4 would be selected and only 2 will be needed to be done to finish the exam. so i thought sweet this is cool, all i gotta do is do all the eight to be on the safe side.
on the day, onyl one fo the exam questions appeared, the other qs were different and not on the topic of the other questions. suffice to say i am lucky i got a pass for it.
so in hindsight, never trust wha tthe lect says about exams and to study the whole thing and not selected parts you think are the most important unless it is made clear that it is the only thing assesable.

hero, we arent deprived of an extra week holiday, it just adds onto the end of year holiday.
Seriously no1 cares if it's added 2 ur end of yr holidays cuz all students at the end of the yr will get a 2 and a half months holiday so 1 week is hardly a big deal...but a week of extra holiday in a semester might be critical cuz it allows students 2 do catching up or get away from studies. :cool:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
Seriously no1 cares if it's added 2 ur end of yr holidays cuz all students at the end of the yr will get a 2 and a half months holiday so 1 week is hardly a big deal...but a week of extra holiday in a semester might be critical cuz it allows students 2 do catching up or get away from studies. :cool:
2 and a half months! You really can't spell and can't count!!!

I was off for 6 months at the end of last year :D

A friend of mine at UNSW didn't even finish exam period until just before christmas. Of which time I have had months off :D

klh

HSC
it depends on peoples views. you might see it as crap, i dont care as stuvac is good enough. if i had 2 weesk stuvac, id get complacent adn would procrastinate.
personally id rather get the semester over and done with quickly but there you go.

HerO

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
2 and a half months! You really can't spell and can't count!!!

I was off for 6 months at the end of last year :D

A friend of mine at UNSW didn't even finish exam period until just before christmas. Of which time I have had months off :D
6 months?...why so?...shouldn't u atleast get 2 months if u don't finish ur exams early?...Anywayz I can definately count, no need 2 dish out personal attacks now capey. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)