• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

mid-semester intake (1 Viewer)

lafayetteblues

HSC
N/A
hi

im applying for speech pathology, is there anyone doing this course?
can you tell me if its hard to get into?
also, is it difficult to get on-campus acommodation at this time in the year?
im from WA and know nothing about newcastle

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i only know the linguistics side of speech path and that is WAY easy :D the rest, i don't really know about sorry..can i ask why you chose newcastle of all places?

lafayetteblues

HSC
N/A
hi, thanks for replying

im applying for newcastle because there is only 1 course in wa for speech path, and its at curtin uni.
Im currently doing psych at curtin and you cant apply to change into the speech course til the end of the year. it is extremely dificult to get in and there is about 15 people vying for about 2 places! so i dont want to work my butt off this year, and still not get in! also, i have family in sydney and bathurst.

what course are you studying?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ah bummer! well at least you have family on this side :)
since you're doing psych, you'll prolly be ok with speech..i know they're not the same, but i think it's pretty safe to lump psych, speech and occupational therapy into the same sort of category and degree of difficulty

i'm doing development studies, COMPLETELY unrelated to anything you will do lol, except i happened to choose linguistics courses for my electives..i'm such a ling nerd :D

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
wow, you guys are so good at selling the place..you should all get a job in the council's marketing department

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It's not a bad place to live. And anyway, if you don't like it, just transfer after a year to sydney.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
wow, you guys are so good at selling the place..you should all get a job in the council's marketing department
no but after living here for 19 (almost 20 :D *coughcough*) years it's sort of run a bit dry

that said, there's nothing like the view of the beach to reawaken your senses :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
no but after living here for 19 (almost 20 :D *coughcough*) years it's sort of run a bit dry

that said, there's nothing like the view of the beach to reawaken your senses :)
Is that what you say whenever you wake up at nobbys half naked?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
And then you tell her that the rohynol and knife to the throat were cause you love her?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The_highwayman said:
no. they were always part of the rape.

Who the hell would believe what you said?
God.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
what is with:

?
I didn't get it either to be honest. I was tossing up between saying that or "your mum". I'm happy with my decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)