• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

minimum wage for 17 year old (1 Viewer)

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
kevin you don't get 1.5 or 2.5 on weekend or public holidays respectively do you?? although you guys get paid quite well already
no... our pay sucks AND we don't get 1.5 or 2.5 on weekends... we get like 50 cents extra... and they're wondering why they're finding it so hard to get ppl to work on weekends and public holidays

P

pLuvia

haha, how much you get paid?? rakan gets paid heap, like $1 more than me :(

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
i reckon the best places to get paid well, for casuals would be restaurants, cafes, any where with tips :) my friend gets $36 in tips for every shift he does so unfair
how long are his shifts?

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
haha, how much you get paid?? rakan gets paid heap, like $1 more than me :(
nine something, don't remember

P

pLuvia

it doesn't matter how his shifts are he says, but if he works like 3 hours, on average he will get like $36 tips

klaw

HSC
so he'd get approx $60-70 for working 3 hrs?

P

pLuvia

something like that, he might be lying, and i find $36 tips is kind of high don't you think?? he works at a japanese restaurant

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
kadlil said:
i reckon the best places to get paid well, for casuals would be restaurants, cafes, any where with tips :) my friend gets $36 in tips for every shift he does so unfair
That's awfully specific..

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I work in a library. So really, I'm working for the local council. And the council pays pretty good... so even though I'm only 17 I get paid the same as any other casual... which is $19.30/hr, which I love, because I used to work at Coles, where I got about $10 less/hr. I do work less hours though... I was doing 6-9 hours a week at Coles, whereas I've been working at the library since August, and I've worked 8 hours total. But what with exams etc I'm happy with that... they've promised I'll pick up more work over Christmas...

klaw

HSC
I'd prefer coles pay over my pay... at least they get extra for weekends and public holidays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)