• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Missing the pill? (1 Viewer)

Whatever.

HSC
I went to take the pill the other day and it dropped down the bathroom sink.
Will this affect how the pill works? Will it cause the pill to stop working?
i lost the friday before the sugar pills started.

thanks

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Whatever. said:
I went to take the pill the other day and it dropped down the bathroom sink.
Will this affect how the pill works? Will it cause the pill to stop working?
i lost the friday before the sugar pills started.

thanks
it may interfere with the protection, don't have unprotected sex for at least a week. There should be a section on missing the pill in the leaflet that comes in the pack.

Whatever.

HSC
-may-cat- said:
it may interfere with the protection, don't have unprotected sex for at least a week. There should be a section on missing the pill in the leaflet that comes in the pack.
thanks, and what sort of things interfere with it? i missed out on the leaflet? where was that?

Whatever.

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
St Johns Wort interferes. Dunno there's a few things.
How does St Johns Wort interfere? isnt it a noxious weed? lol

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Whatever. said:
How does St Johns Wort interfere? isnt it a noxious weed? lol
its an anti anxiety herb, its in some multi-vitamins, i meant before that missing an active pill may interfere with your protection. The leaflet should be in the box that your pill pack came in. What pill are you on?

Whatever.

HSC
-may-cat- said:
its an anti anxiety herb, its in some multi-vitamins, i meant before that missing an active pill may interfere with your protection. The leaflet should be in the box that your pill pack came in. What pill are you on?
levlin i think

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Vomitting, diarrhoea and antibiotics can also affect the effectiveness of the pill. Why didn't you take another active pill when you dropped the first one? I second the condoms a week.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
If it was the one before the sugar pills wouldnt it just be the same as having the sugar pills one day early? just saying.

chamelia

HSC
Riet said:
If it was the one before the sugar pills wouldnt it just be the same as having the sugar pills one day early? just saying.
What he said.

Your cycle will just be out by one day. It will catch up and right itself given time. Not that one day will really make any difference to you anyway...

jirwin

HSC
It will be just like taking a sugar pill an extra day earlier. You cycle may start an extra day earlier too. Nothing serious will happen. I would be careful when have sex - use protection etc. But I was just thinking, if the sugar pills are just "sugar" - wouldn't that leave you unprotected anyway - surely the other pills would make up for that week or something or given that the egg has been released already would that make it less likely to occur in a pregnancy?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The idea of having a week of sugar pills is so that you still have a "period" even though no egg is actually released. I believe the idea is that:
a) You know you're not pregnant
b) It maintains normality
c) It's cleansing or something

chamelia

HSC
Sarah182 said:
How does missing the pill have to do with love and relationships?
People in love enter into relationships. People in relationships have sex. Those having sex need to use contraception. The pill is a form of contraception....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)